Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

woops.. question answered by post #927

Last edited:
I have tried this but no. change in Geekbench scores.
AMD RX 5500 XT
EFI attached
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 1.59.41 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    33 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
New?
Did you read the disclaimer?
"This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only.
New?
Did you read the disclaimer?
"This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only."

Of course you did not check the releases...
It's much newer than this enhanced SSDT method, it is more simple and it works like a charm...

:headbang:

I have an Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 running on an i9 on with a Z490 board as iMac20,2.

For me the SSDT didn't really work as expected, expecially the power consumption in Big Sur and newer. It was around 100 Watt in idle – even with the additional DAGPM.kext (same for Pavo's AGPM kext).

So I've read the complete thread to figure out a solution. Turns out that the DeviceProperty injection method explained on Page 35 and following works much better than the SSDT+kext in my case. Especially power consumption in idle dropped from 100 Watts to around 70.

I have an Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 running on an i9 on with a Z490 board as iMac20,2.

For me the SSDT didn't really work as expected, expecially the power consumption in Big Sur and newer. It was around 100 Watt in idle – even with the additional DAGPM.kext (same for Pavo's AGPM kext).

So I've read the complete thread to figure out a solution. Turns out that the DeviceProperty injection method explained on Page 35 and following works much better than the SSDT+kext in my case. Especially power consumption in idle dropped from 100 Watts to around 70.
For RX580 @0,name |string| ATY,Orinoco is probably all you need to inject for that wattage reporting. Although, It's been fixed on the latest macOS which we are not supposed to talk about until the public beta version is out. It now reports correct idle wattage consumption without injecting Orinoco FrameBuffer which by the way cannot be injected on the latest macOS as of yet. I think for RX 580 all other injections are prob unnecessary. If you really want to improve performance you can probably inject PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable to control the clock speed.

@Jasonhacks Thanks for the info. My Nitro+ RX580 has a switch for choosing between a Silent and an OC mode. I don't think I am going to play with the clock speeds. I thought PowerPlayTable is only applicable to Radeon VII Cards.

Back