Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

@estudiobetta I have the same setup as you, and I ran into a weird problem. Maybe you're having the same issue. On the Clover screen, right before you boot into your MacOS partition, go to settings. Go down to Graphics, and check to make sure that RadeonDelnit isn't selected. Also, make sure that Inject Intel isn't selected. For some reason, those were both checked on my system (even though they weren't selected in my config.plist), so each time I wanted to boot into MacOS, I had to manually make that change.
Ty mate, i think i have this ok, see the attachment

Attachments

• a94d6286-b4cc-46f3-a58e-60acadae5a89.jpg
    a94d6286-b4cc-46f3-a58e-60acadae5a89.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 106
@estudiobetta Yes, now just make sure that you uncheck both of those options. Nothing should be checked on that screen at all. Once you've unchecked everything, try booting.
Check your main partition to see if you have EFI backup folder. If there is an EFI or two or three (the old clover gets put there if you update), trash it. The config plist in there may be causing the issue. When this happens to me I trash the backups and fix the new one then run clover installer again and double check the backup to see that it matches the boot EFI partition version.

I cannot even install on 1005. Do you mind sharing your EFI please. I am willing to wipe everything and start afresh at this point. Please please.
Check your main partition to see if you have EFI backup folder. If there is an EFI or two or three (the old clover gets put there if you update), trash it. The config plist in there may be causing the issue. When this happens to me I trash the backups and fix the new one then run clover installer again and double check the backup to see that it matches the boot EFI partition version.

I wish I would've known this earlier! haha. However, I did completely switch to OpenCore, and I'm definitely not going back to Clover anytime soon. :p

Hi all,

just bought the Sapphire nitro+ 5700 and was very surprised to find that the 0db zero fan is working terrible under catalina. Under the windows 10 it is true zero fan speed and under the catalina not only it can spin sometimes
for 10 minutes or so, but sometimes it even jumps to more than that for a 10 sec ( like checking the fans at the boot ).
Does anyone has any idea what can be done ? ( trying to keep it as vanilla as possible with clover for now and opencore in the future ).
and just for a clarification, I am talking about surfing the internet and youtube.

thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hello
With Catalina
The activity monitor has an GPU tab with RADEON VII
GPUtabRADEONVII.png
And there is no such tab with RX 5700 XT
NoGPUtabRX5700XT.png
Why is that ?
Any clue ?
thanks in advance

Has anyone successfully done a clean install of Catalina with a navi card? I'm using a 5600XT and am getting a black screen in unibeast. I started a thread here asking for help:

Does someone have problems updating to 10.15.4 with an MSI card aswell?

Back