Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Attachments

• RadeonMonitor-Navi-Enabled.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 142
Try attached kexts. Source: https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/for...s-undervolting-overclocking-powerp/?pageNo=13
I'm using OpenCore and its not working with VirtualSmc.kext but it should work with clover and fakesmc...
I tried that already. I was searching a bit before I asked you for a link. It doesn't work. I even installed the 3.5.3 fakesmc included but it still didn't work. The screen went to sleep just before the login, thats the only difference but the sensor didn't work. Thanks though, ill keep searching :)

I'm referring to the Framebuffer patches used to configure Intel HD 4x00 graphics -- in my case, as headless. These are the ones used with WhateverGreen to get discrete and CPU graphics to work together, and come in two parts. The first renames GFX0 to IGPU in the DSDT <Patches> section, and the second sets an intel graphics platform ID. They look like so in config.plist:
XML:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Intel GPU PM- Rename GFX0 to IGPU</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    R0ZYMA==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    SUdQVQ==
                    </data>
                </dict>
and
XML:
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                BAASBA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
Thanks, all clear...

I wrote this script to help log the info of your GPU at any second, and at the end of the day you could filter through the log files to check the temperature.

I wrote this script to help log the info of your GPU at any second, and at the end of the day you could filter through the log files to check the temperature.
Nice script, but sadly it doesn't work for Navi, all values are 0. I guess we need to wait for apple to sort out Navi GPU sensors reporting in the next updates...

Just wanted to chime in and say I have been using an XFX RX5700 (model RX57XL8LBD6) with no issues. Lilu and WEG are doing their thing with AGDPMOD=pikera and shikigva=80 for DRM on Safari. Catalina with a headless IGPU.
Here it is - On Amazon.

Can u post ur efi config to use it. Im sooooo noob and i have a problem run the rx5700 in catalina. With the 970 the os work without problems but with the 5700, ( i have the 1683 problem too, i solve with a @pastrychef efi, but the other problem he cant solve =( )

Attachments

• 3c6fec25-2d2f-4e14-a751-9fe08cfc1ea5.jpg
    3c6fec25-2d2f-4e14-a751-9fe08cfc1ea5.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 104
Can u post ur efi config to use it. Im sooooo noob and i have a problem run the rx5700 in catalina. With the 970 the os work without problems but with the 5700, ( i have the 1683 problem too, i solve with a @pastrychef efi, but the other problem he cant solve =( )
What is your motherboard? If it’s not the same as mine, it could make your problem worse. EFI folders are motherboard specific. Have you tried AGDPMOD=pikera as a boot arg? I see you figured out how to boot with -v so add that after -v
Why don’t you post your EFI and you can ask people to check for obvious problems. Did you fill out your hardware in your profile?

What is your motherboard? If it’s not the same as mine, it could make your problem worse. EFI folders are motherboard specific. Have you tried AGDPMOD=pikera as a boot arg? I see you figured out how to boot with -v so add that after -v
Why don’t you post your EFI and you can ask people to check for obvious problems. Did you fill out your hardware in your profile?

agdpmod=pikera It’s all lower case.

My Efi setup was done by @pastrychef I think was a great base to work. It have agfpmod=pikera. And i put here, because, all the people said me is a gpu problem. I dont know if it is a bios setup proble or a efi problem ( i thought efi was fine but... )

I thougth i have in the profile, sorry.

MotherBoard Asus Z390-h
GPU Asus RX5700 XT
CPU Intel 9-9900K

Attachments

• EFI (15).zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 106
  • Captura de pantalla 2020-03-18 13.00.48.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-18 13.00.48.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 150
@estudiobetta I have the same setup as you, and I ran into a weird problem. Maybe you're having the same issue. On the Clover screen, right before you boot into your MacOS partition, go to settings. Go down to Graphics, and check to make sure that RadeonDelnit isn't selected. Also, make sure that Inject Intel isn't selected. For some reason, those were both checked on my system (even though they weren't selected in my config.plist), so each time I wanted to boot into MacOS, I had to manually make that change.

Back