Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

The final Catalina came out. Please check if 5700/5700 XT support has been added there.

Would be absolutely astounded if it is. Adding new functionality between a GM and a release would be completely contrary to normal software development practice IMHO. I'm amazed that they would add any new functionality even between different beta's.

In this case, I'd be *very* happen to be proven wrong ;)

Just upgraded to Catalina after installing the 5700xt. It's not really working, and I will likely have to re-install the old card. Anything anyone wants to see before I do that?

Just upgraded to Catalina after installing the 5700xt. It's not really working, and I will likely have to re-install the old card. Anything anyone wants to see before I do that?

Nope, there's a couple of us at least with the same card and able to quickly boot and test when a new version is released, get yourself a working system! :)

There it is

Attachments

• 74F2629B-6309-4337-AC33-38D375C83AC9.png
    74F2629B-6309-4337-AC33-38D375C83AC9.png
    339.6 KB · Views: 246
There it is
It's amazing! Finally, you can buy a Navi graphics card.

It remains to choose which manufacturer is better to buy from, so that there are definitely no problems.

There it is

I did not find a way to get the beta though. Did they just post the release notes, or am I not in the special club?

Developer beta, installing it right now

Right - I signed up as a developer but it doesn't appear to have a link to actually get it. All I get is an option to download Xcode.

Edit: Ah, I see, I have to do the cool two factor authentication enrollment.

Back