Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator 10G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Integrated Graphics Processor
I am having an issue after waking from sleep where I have no video after waking. I have a Z68x-UD3H-B3 (F8) board and an XFX AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics card. I have been trying to get my graphics card fully recognized but it only shows 6xxx.

AMD Radeon HD 6xxx:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6xxx
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6758
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
VW37L HDTV20A:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: SPBABJ0131155
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes

I have also tried different frame buffers such as Ipomoea and Pithecia. i am not sure if having GraphicsEnabler=No is causing some of my problems, but I am not able to remove that at the moment. If I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes I do not get video at all after the gray apple logo screen. Using GE=No I am able to boot but cannot sleep and wake without losing video. I will have to restart to get video output again. My chameleon.Boot.plist is as follows.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Ipomoea</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have also thought about whether or not I should update my BIOS. I am at F8 right now but don't want to mess anything else up doing that as everything else is working properly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

STILL LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION

I tried updating my BIOS to UEFI. Sleep worked with the cost of many other things not working. I had to boot in safe mode first of all. After booting, the video would freeze on a white screen with a pointer. Oddly, typing in my password and hitting enter made the system login, but I still had no video other than the white screen. On accident I found out hitting the power button put the system to sleep and hitting it again would wake the system up and video would work. As you can guess this was not an ideal setup but at least I was able to still get in to change things. I also wasn't able to see my USB flash drives. when I plugged them in. Another issue was the video was very choppy and had the flickering issue on the new tab screen of Safari. So that was too much going on (as many people have said UEFI on my board which is a beta sucks) and I decided to downgrade back to F12 which was an upgrade from F8. Now that I'm at F12 I'm still having the same issue with no video waking from sleep but everything else is working again. This chameleon.boot.plist since F12 update.

<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=No</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Hint: GE="Yes"...;)
You must use it because without it Chameleon won't load any framebuffer. Set AtiPorts too, you can easily manage it with Chameleon Wizard.

My system won't boot with GE=yes. Any suggestions on how I can get it to the point where it can boot with it? I read. Post that someone use Aticonfig=Duckweed and was able to switch to GE=Yes, but they have a 6870 card and a Z77 board. Is the Aticonfig value what enables you to change and if so how do you know which Aticonfig value to use as I have seen several suggested?

Which port do you use? I had a HD6670 - it's true that is was a Sapphire... - and I could boot with GE=Yes. Well, it was the VGA port but it should work through the DVI. About the HDMI I'm not sure...

I am using HDMI

So try Aticonfig=Duckweed; Atiports=3; and GE=yes?

Well Duckweed didn't work for me but I am trying other Aticonfig values that tonymac posted here:

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=46392

I haven't found one yet that works yet, but I will try some more this evening. I wasn't aware before that GE=yes had to be used for Aticonfig to be effective.

EDIT
None of the 6xxx personalities worked for me. Went back to GE=No for now to be able to start my system until I get something else to try.

EDIT 7/11/2013
Still have AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB showing up in system profiler. I tried using an edited ATI6000controller.kext for my card but the system moved incredibly slow and made it only to the gray background of the login screen. The text fields to login never showed up. I am booting with GE=Yes with the following info in chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Aticonfig</key>
<string>Pithecia</string>
<key>Atiports</key>
<string>3</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>