Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon 7670m question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Double checked.

If true, then the AppleHDA you've chosen is not coded for your audio codec.

Post your codec dump and your patched AppleHDA if you want me to check for the proper layout-id.

Also, make sure patched AppleHDA is installed to /S/L/E. You cannot inject it from EFI/Clover/kexts.

If true, then the AppleHDA you've chosen is not coded for your audio codec.

Post your codec dump and your patched AppleHDA if you want me to check for the proper layout-id.

Also, make sure patched AppleHDA is installed to /S/L/E. You cannot inject it from EFI/Clover/kexts.

Here they are, and AppleHDA is indeed only in /S/L/E.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    966 KB · Views: 150
Here they are, and AppleHDA is indeed only in /S/L/E.

This is ALC269. There are *many* flavors of ALC269 and you need to have one specifically for your codec. You may have to patch it yourself. It is likely toleda's ALC269 was done for a desktop, not laptop.

That guide should get you started.

Are you familiar with editing applehda? would it be alright to ask you a couple questions on some wording I don't quite understand? got about half way through, but I'm a bit lost on some of the wording.

Are you familiar with editing applehda? would it be alright to ask you a couple questions on some wording I don't quite understand? got about half way through, but I'm a bit lost on some of the wording.

I've read through that guide and understand the concept, and will be attempting with my own codec in the near future. But haven't done it yet...

I've read through that guide and understand the concept, and will be attempting with my own codec in the near future. But haven't done it yet...

I guess to start, I'm not clear on this verbit program. Reading the guide, I'm not quite sure whether the script auto-fixes my verbs or if I have to do it manually.
And when editing the info list for apple hda, I'm not sure which values I'm putting in for configdata, going to keep reading and see, but was just wondering if you understood it.

Well. After reading about 5 guides and trying to fully understand what I was doing, I made a custom AppleHDA for my codec, followed all the steps, verified again, but it still doesn't work. Is it possible there could be something else? maybe a stray kext, something in my dsdt that could be keeping it from working?

Well. After reading about 5 guides and trying to fully understand what I was doing, I made a custom AppleHDA for my codec, followed all the steps, verified again, but it still doesn't work. Is it possible there could be something else? maybe a stray kext, something in my dsdt that could be keeping it from working?

Did you implement the required DSDT patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back