Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
SONY VAIO E14 SVE14A390X
CPU
i7-3632QM/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, HD 7670M
Hey all,
So I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on if I can enable my discrete Radeon 7670m along with my HD4000. Currently I have the HD4000 working with full QE/CI, but I'd like to get my Radeon working with OSX as well if possible. I've read all around online and I believe the 7670m properly added to my kexts, and my DSDT was edited to where OSX picked it up. However, I've recently switched from Chimera to Clover, and since then, I can't get OSX to recognize my Radeon.

And for a 2nd question, I've been trying to get my HDMI port to work, but it has no video or audio. Is it because my graphics aren't working fully?

Thanks,

Hey all,
So I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on if I can enable my discrete Radeon 7670m along with my HD4000. Currently I have the HD4000 working with full QE/CI, but I'd like to get my Radeon working with OSX as well if possible. I've read all around online and I believe the 7670m properly added to my kexts, and my DSDT was edited to where OSX picked it up. However, I've recently switched from Chimera to Clover, and since then, I can't get OSX to recognize my Radeon.

And for a 2nd question, I've been trying to get my HDMI port to work, but it has no video or audio. Is it because my graphics aren't working fully?

Thanks,

I just made my video card AMD FriPro M6100 work with issue.You can read this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...sktop-or-mobility-be-working-by-using-clover/

Hey all,

Thanks,
Almost forgot that you need to make sure you can disabble disable HD4000 via bios setting.

Hey all,
So I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on if I can enable my discrete Radeon 7670m along with my HD4000.

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches.

When using ig-platform-id=0x1660004 you need to patch the framebuffer to enable HDMI audio/video. The default connector table for 01660004 has no HDMI ports.

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches.

Thanks for the reply. I think you actually helped me with editing my DSDT previously about my graphics card, maybe a year or two ago. Was just curious if Yosemite made anything different.

When using ig-platform-id=0x1660004 you need to patch the framebuffer to enable HDMI audio/video. The default connector table for 01660004 has no HDMI ports.

Thanks for this! I edited the capri framebuffer and succeeded at getting HDMI video working! I've been spending most of the day trying to get HDMI audio working. Tried following a few of Toleda's guides, editing some kexts to be patched in clover, tried editing my dsdt with his patches but they keep turning on errors. Am I correct in understanding that to enable HDMI audio, I need to edit my DSDT, SSDT, and have Clover interact with that with kexts to be patched?

Thanks for this! I edited the capri framebuffer and succeeded at getting HDMI video working! I've been spending most of the day trying to get HDMI audio working. Tried following a few of Toleda's guides, editing some kexts to be patched in clover, tried editing my dsdt with his patches but they keep turning on errors. Am I correct in understanding that to enable HDMI audio, I need to edit my DSDT, SSDT, and have Clover interact with that with kexts to be patched?

You're on the right track. Check first to see that "hda-gfx" is injected on the HDEF and IGPU objects by looking at the IORegistry. Then you need patches to the framebuffer to enable HDMI-audio on the correct port (discovered by trial/error). But check for "hda-gfx" first.

You're on the right track. Check first to see that "hda-gfx" is injected on the HDEF and IGPU objects by looking at the IORegistry. Then you need patches to the framebuffer to enable HDMI-audio on the correct port (discovered by trial/error). But check for "hda-gfx" first.

Checked and it wasn't, so I searched how to enable in Clover. UseIntelHDMI was added to it, but it broke my audio on my speakers, is that supposed to happen? I can verify it's there now though, hda-gfx anyway. as Onboard-1

Checked and it wasn't, so I searched how to enable in Clover. UseIntelHDMI was added to it, but it broke my audio on my speakers, is that supposed to happen? I can verify it's there now though, hda-gfx anyway. as Onboard-1

You don't need to use any Clover options to inject "hda-gfx". I tend to use DSDT patches for this...

See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

"Audio Layout 12"
"HD4000 High Resolution"

applied them, but got the same result. My speakers no longer show up under settings. Now that Hda-gfx is there, I'll try and see about getting that resolved.

applied them, but got the same result. My speakers no longer show up under settings. Now that Hda-gfx is there, I'll try and see about getting that resolved.

Make sure you use the correct layout-id as required by your patched AppleHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back