Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon 7670m question

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to know your codec in order to find a suitable patched AppleHDA.

After you find an AppleHDA that has been patched for your specific audio codec, you can then investigate the kext for the proper layout-id. Then the DSDT patches can be implemented...

So, yes, you need to know your codec. And one such way is to get an audio codec dump from Linux...

The more I look into this, the more I think this just might be the one thing I don't know if I can fix. I've been reading for hours, and I feel no closer than when I began. I tried searching for people with the same laptop to see if there was any info I could grab. It seemed like ALC269, so I patched AppleHDA with the ALC269 variant, verified the decimal to be the same, and appleHDA went from having several options under HDAconfigdefault to only 2 options. I patched my DSDT using your github patches, changed the 12 to the layout 1 that was in the HDAconfigdefault that matched the decimal, and rebooted. Lost audio completely again. Upon further inspection I think the only reason I have audio to begin with is through Voodoo, which I believe is why I can't seem to figure this out.

I installed ubuntu to VMware and tried running cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt and all the codec# variants suggested if that failed. However, every time I ran it, I got "No such file or directory".

Tried searching online for my PC's user manual, found one but it didn't have the information I was hoping for.

Really not sure where I can go from here, I feel completely lost on this one.

The more I look into this, the more I think this just might be the one thing I don't know if I can fix. I've been reading for hours, and I feel no closer than when I began. I tried searching for people with the same laptop to see if there was any info I could grab. It seemed like ALC269, so I patched AppleHDA with the ALC269 variant, verified the decimal to be the same, and appleHDA went from having several options under HDAconfigdefault to only 2 options. I patched my DSDT using your github patches, changed the 12 to the layout 1 that was in the HDAconfigdefault that matched the decimal, and rebooted. Lost audio completely again. Upon further inspection I think the only reason I have audio to begin with is through Voodoo, which I believe is why I can't seem to figure this out.

I installed ubuntu to VMware and tried running cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt and all the codec# variants suggested if that failed. However, every time I ran it, I got "No such file or directory".

Tried searching online for my PC's user manual, found one but it didn't have the information I was hoping for.

Really not sure where I can go from here, I feel completely lost on this one.

Run Ubuntu from USB. Running in VMware is not a valid way to get accurate information about your hardware.

Run Ubuntu from USB. Running in VMware is not a valid way to get accurate information about your hardware.

Thanks for that. I finally got it to work after making a live usb. I was correct about it being ALC269. I tried installing the one from Multibeast, the edited Applehda for 269 I mean. Then I updated my DSDT with your patches for layout 1 (according to the list matching the decimal) and the HD4000 high resolution one and still had broken audio when I restarted.

I guess my further question would be, is it ok to use the ALC269 applehda from multibeast yosemite?
Do I have to delete the Voodoo I think my system is currently using?

Thanks for all the help so far, sorry I'm not a bit better at this.

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 174
Ok, after some searching around I've made a bit of progress I think. I found a patched ALC269 Applehda.kext and installed it, it was audio layout 12, so I used your Layout 12 and HD4000 high resolution patches, nothing. Did a bit more searching and found another post where you were helping someone with ALC269 and said if applehda wasn't working, use IRQ fix, I did that as well, and now it's reading everything, however it's coming up as Internal, and I can't do anything with them. Finally getting a bit of progress, but any advice at this juncture?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 3.06.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 3.06.32 AM.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 170
Ok, after some searching around I've made a bit of progress I think. I found a patched ALC269 Applehda.kext and installed it, it was audio layout 12, so I used your Layout 12 and HD4000 high resolution patches, nothing. Did a bit more searching and found another post where you were helping someone with ALC269 and said if applehda wasn't working, use IRQ fix, I did that as well, and now it's reading everything, however it's coming up as Internal, and I can't do anything with them. Finally getting a bit of progress, but any advice at this juncture?

Is audio working? (internal is normal)

Is audio working? (internal is normal)

Negative. they're not selectable in sounds. Hda-gfx is being injected to both hdef and igpu, proper layout is showing under hdef, in dcpimanager I see ALC269 and HD4000 hdmi, but they're not selectable in system settings

Negative. they're not selectable in sounds. Hda-gfx is being injected to both hdef and igpu, proper layout is showing under hdef, in dcpimanager I see ALC269 and HD4000 hdmi, but they're not selectable in system settings

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Quick update: I got a patched HDA specific to my codec that had the layout ID 1, so I made changes where necessary. Everything is still the same, shows up as internal connection but no sound in system settings, shows up in ioreg, dcpi, etc. Only an HDA and layout id different from the screen above.
K. Included IOreg and Kextstat outputs in the Rehabman folder zipped. Let me know if i got everything.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    546.9 KB · Views: 130
Quick update: I got a patched HDA specific to my codec that had the layout ID 1, so I made changes where necessary. Everything is still the same, shows up as internal connection but no sound in system settings, shows up in ioreg, dcpi, etc. Only an HDA and layout id different from the screen above.
K. Included IOreg and Kextstat outputs in the Rehabman folder zipped. Let me know if i got everything.

Make sure the AppleHDA actually uses layout-id=1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back