Contribute
Register

AMD High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
System make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
Ryzen 5 > Need full model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GTX 1050
Hello everyone, recently I succeeded in installing macOS Big Sur on my laptop, however, it ran too slow for my liking so I decided to downgrade to High Sierra allowing me to use my graphics card. Unfortunately, no matter what boot flags I use, I get the same error.

Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Host-level exception raised: pid=573…

I’ve read on multiple websites that this is due to the NVIDIA graphics card and the web drivers not being installed, however, this is the installer USB so I don’t think I can install the web drivers just yet. One site said that a simple fix is to remove the graphics card, but in my case I can’t since it’s a laptop. Can anyone help?

AMD Ryzen™ 5 3550H with Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

HP Pavillion Gaming Notebook 15-ec0751ms

I’ve tried nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1, -x, -f, -s, dart=0, cpus=1, maxmem=4096, etc

None seem to work!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, recently I succeeded in installing macOS Big Sur on my laptop, however, it ran too slow for my liking so I decided to downgrade to High Sierra allowing me to use my graphics card. Unfortunately, no matter what boot flags I use, I get the same error.

Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Host-level exception raised: pid=573…

I’ve read on multiple websites that this is due to the NVIDIA graphics card and the web drivers not being installed, however, this is the installer USB so I don’t think I can install the web drivers just yet. One site said that a simple fix is to remove the graphics card, but in my case I can’t since it’s a laptop. Can anyone help?

AMD Ryzen™ 5 3550H with Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

HP Pavillion Gaming Notebook 15-ec0751ms

I’ve tried nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1, -x, -f, -s, dart=0, cpus=1, maxmem=4096, etc

None seem to work!
not sure you will have much luck to be honest

normally with laptops that have both intel and nvidia graphics, only the intel graphics will work and you would then disable the nvidia card with a SSDT file

in your case with your AMD CPU and Graphics, i have not seen anyone as of yet accomplish this due to lack of hardware support

not sure you will have much luck to be honest

normally with laptops that have both intel and nvidia graphics, only the intel graphics will work and you would then disable the nvidia card with a SSDT file

in your case with your AMD CPU and Graphics, i have not seen anyone as of yet accomplish this due to lack of hardware support
That’s kind of what I figured :( Do you think I’d have luck with Sierra? Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back