i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

My hackintosh crashes ever so often. I can't quite figure out what triggers the error. But, essentially, the desktop freezes. I can ssh in, but I can't do much once I have connected. I requires a hard reboot.

Attached are the Kernel logs once it starts to crash.

If anyone can shed some light, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!

Attachments

• crash_log.txt
    23.4 KB · Views: 125
same issue here, is your mouse icon turn to some weird image when it feezed?

Lots of reports of freezing and then and eventual KP pointing to the watchdog in hackintosh and real macs with 10.5.4 and NAVI gpus. Happens to me from time to time as well. Unfortunately the watchdog doesn’t really point to anything because that’s the service that restarts macOS when there is a problem.

One thing I have noticed is that it only seems to crash while I am on a Zoom call.. Hmm.

One thing I have noticed is that it only seems to crash while I am on a Zoom call.. Hmm.

The GPU is definitely under load during that. Are you using either the SSDT for Radeon Performance or RadeonBoost.kext?

The GPU is definitely under load during that. Are you using either the SSDT for Radeon Performance or RadeonBoost.kext?

No, I am not. I did not know this was even a thing!

No, I am not. I did not know this was even a thing!

Ok. I am trying to track down my constant crashes and trying to determine if either of those are a source of the cause. In the long run I think the drivers from Apple are the culprit and there is much improvement that can be done on their part.

I have loaded up SSDT for Radeon and I have a Zoom meeting coming up.. Let's see if that fixes it. I also ordered a RX 580 that I used to own that I know worked great for me.. So maybe it's a NAVI bug. If you Google the errors I have in my attachment, you will get a few people using eGPUs on real Macs who have had the same issue as me. So I think you are right, it's an Apple bug... Just annoying as I have been on three meetings with clients where I had to reset my Hackintosh in the middle of the call. I am using my MBP now for those Zoom calls. Too risky.

...five Zoom calls and using the SSDT for Radeon, no crashes. Too early to say if this is THE fix, but it's looking good so far.

...five Zoom calls and using the SSDT for Radeon, no crashes. Too early to say if this is THE fix, but it's looking good so far.

Weird, I was getting crashes with it opening the browser or converting HEVC video and I have stopped using it and haven't had any issues since lol. I don't use Zoom but I use Google Meet daily for work and didn't have any issues with that causing a crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back