Contribute
Register

(Almost Success build) Asus ROG maximus VIII Impact, i5 6500 3.2ghz, GTX980 Ti 6gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus ROG Maximus VIII Impact motherboard

Are you using the Asus Go! WiFi/BT card that came with the M8I, or did you swap it for a Broadcom chip? I did the swap but still have the take the time to get it working in macOS (it's working in Windows).

Are you using the Asus Go! WiFi/BT card that came with the M8I, or did you swap it for a Broadcom chip? I did the swap but still have the take the time to get it working in macOS (it's working in Windows).

Hiya Chedda7,

Just wanted to say thanks again for helping me get my macOS running :lol:.

I am using everything onboard with the Asus Maximus VIII Impact motherboard.
I did not think you could change the chip on the Asus boards I thought you could only change them on the gigabyte motherboards.

I am yet to get working:

Sound
Network
Wireless
Bluetooth
Video not sure because it flickers on login o_O

It boot's slowly is this because drivers are not installed?

Thanks again Lucy :)

It sounds like you are about where I am at as far as what is and is not working. My video also flickers. I won't be able to do more troubleshooting until tonight or tomorrow so if you figure anything out let me know.

I did not think you could change the chip on the Asus boards
It can be done, but it is a little tricky.
  1. Remove the two screws on the underside of the motherboard that attach to the WiFi module.
  2. Lift on the wifi card, it should come off the board,
  3. Remove the one screw on the back of the metal shroud.
  4. Use a knife or plastic wedge to peel back the top right corner of the sticker (You should see where the metal shroud is going to come apart.
  5. With the metal part in 2 pieces, unscrew the wireless module and remove the two wires (pry lightly on them).
  6. Once you get the module completely out, place that foam piece on the new module.
  7. Reverse steps to install new module.
You can replace it with a chip that has good Apple support, like the BCM94352Z.

Do you happen to know the driver for the Network card? and onboard video? It thinks it's a Intel HD 530 maybe right but it flickers just before logging in. Is this normal?

I think the Asus card has limited support, but some Broadcom chips will fit and are well supported.

I think you need to enable Intel 530 in Multibeast, but not 100% sure.

Also it does not boot that fast compared to my MacBook pro is this normal or because the drivers and not installed?
Or because is just a SATA hard drives and not SSD.

Yeah, it is because you have a HDD. The SSD in the MBPs will be much faster.

How do you get the Intel 750 to show up? When I boot the installer the drive does not show up.

hi everyone, have anyone check the usb C?
got the same Mobo, using onboard GPU, hackintosh is working properly, except wifi and sound (coz i dont need it) trying to use the usb C for apollo twin, but no succes yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back