Contribute
Register

(Almost Success build) Asus ROG maximus VIII Impact, i5 6500 3.2ghz, GTX980 Ti 6gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
mac pro
CPU
xeon
Graphics
Dual Radeon D700 12gb
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have a build with the following parts used

- Asus ROG Maximus VIII Impact motherboard with wifi and bluetooth - supports both Skylake and Kabylake processors
- Cooler Master RC-130 Mini ITX Case
- Cooler Master Seidon 120V Plus CPU Water Cooler
- Intel core i5 6500 Quad Core 3.2ghz
- Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz Vengeance LPX DIMM Black
- MSI 2x Armor GTX 980 Ti 6gb Vram
- eVGA 750W G2 80+ gold full Modular power supply.
- Creative Omni usb 5.1 surround sound with built in mics etc.
- Intel 750 series 400ghz NVMe U.2 SSD - main boot drive for mac OS
- 3tb WD for windows data
- Samsung evo 120gb Sata SSD for windows 10 boot drive.

Everything works on it including bluetooth and onboard sound etc
What doesn't work is WIFI which is odd.
wifi chip is the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A

I will provide all the files you need to make this including the kexts in the clover boot loader to get this working fully but if any one has a solution for WiFi to work I would appreciate it cheers.

I will update this post once I have all my doco together stay tuned with photos of build :)

Last edited:
Hiya Pkerry12,

I wonder if you would be so kind to help me I am a bit of a blogger and new to the hackintosh community.
And I am trying to setup Sierra hackintosh. Below are my spec's:

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Impact motherboard
Intel core i5 6600k 3.5Ghz CPU
Seagate 2TB Hard Drive
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb kit
Using onboard intel 530 onboard Graphics

I think I have setup the bios right but not sure. And have followed a few videos on youtube along with help on this site to get the USB stick loaded and can boot from it fine. However when I try and boot Mac OS X it shows the Apple logo then circle with line down it. I have tried all sorts and I can see you have had success with the same board. I know I am very cheeky but wonder if you could help me or point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much Lucy x

How did you get the 980ti to work?

Hiya Pkerry12,

I wonder if you would be so kind to help me I am a bit of a blogger and new to the hackintosh community.
And I am trying to setup Sierra hackintosh. Below are my spec's:

Seagate 2TB Hard Drive

I think I have setup the bios right but not sure. And have followed a few videos on youtube along with help on this site to get the USB stick loaded and can boot from it fine. However when I try and boot Mac OS X it shows the Apple logo then circle with line down it. I have tried all sorts and I can see you have had success with the same board. I know I am very cheeky but wonder if you could help me or point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much Lucy x

Hi,

You should add the bootflag -v to enable verbose logging and to see what error you get.

br

Hi,

You should add the bootflag -v to enable verbose logging and to see what error you get.

br

Thanks so much for your reply Br,

I put the -v and found it was a problem with my bios setup so thanks. Now I have now manage to install Sierra however when I try and boot HFS it comes up with (Error allocating 0x11f82 pages and a very long number then alloc type 2.

Now I am all new to this and a lot of people say just add this into you config but where do I add this and how lol.
Sorry I sound like an idiot.

If someone could help me out in basic terms that would be great.

Thanks so much Lucy x

Everything works on it including bluetooth and onboard sound

Just installed Sierra last night, do you have a guide for getting the sound to work?

Intel 750 series 400ghz NVMe U.2 SSD - main boot drive for mac OS

What sort of speeds are you getting with the U.2 drive?

Just installed Sierra last night, do you have a guide for getting the sound to w

What sort of speeds are you getting with the U.2 drive?

Hiya Chedda7,

Hope you don't mine me asking but could you give me advice on you bios setup for your Maximus VIII Impact motherboard?

I have been trying to install Sierra but keep getting Error message 0x11f82 :banghead:.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am not sure if it's me config.plist or if I am missing any files. I just wonder if you could help me as I can see you have successfully install Sierra on you system.

My spec's are:

Seagate 2TB Hard Drive

Hope you can help Lucy :)

Hope you don't mine me asking but could you give me advice on you bios setup for your Maximus VIII Impact motherboard?

Sure, no problem. I started by updating my BIOS to version 3201(direct download).

I then copied what Stork did in this Maximus VIII GENE install:
Extreme Tweeker tab
  • AI Overclocker Tuner > X.M.P.
  • Extreme Tweeking > Enable
Advanced Items tab
  • System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
  • PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 > Disabled
  • USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
  • USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
  • APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
Boot Menu tab
  • Fast Boot > Disabled
  • Boot Logo Display > Disabled
  • Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
  • Boot Option 1 > USB installer thumb drive (the UEFI choice if there are two entries)
Exit > Save Changes

In general I followed his guide with some success (I have a working OS :p). I do have some issues however, like WiFi, Bluetooth, Sound, etc.

OMG Chedda7,

WOW thanks for taking the time to put that together and after updating the bios and following your bios setting's it is booting first time every time. Thanks you so so much :).

I have added this in via multibeast:

Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit

System Definition is the iMac14,2 is this right I was told before to use 17,1 but like they say if it ant broke don't fix it lol.

But have not installed any drivers for Sound, bluetooth or wireless as no one really knows what they are yet.

Do you happen to know the driver for the Network card? and onboard video? It thinks it's a Intel HD 530 maybe right but it flickers just before logging in. Is this normal?

Also it does not boot that fast compared to my MacBook pro is this normal or because the drivers and not installed?
Or because is just a SATA hard drives and not SSD.

Thanks again for you support :clap:
Lucy xx

Last edited:
Great, glad you got things working :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back