Contribute
Register

Almost fully functional Acer Nitro 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I need a little more help, I tried to use my old BCM card in another machine and the antenna connecter on it broke off. So I just decided to bite the bullet and purchase the BCM943602BAED WiFi card. It was ordered and I have it. I connected the antennas and purchased a third antenna so everything is connected fine. At first, WiFi was working and BT was not. I read up on the threads here and apparently I needed to tape the WiFi/BT disable pins 54-56. Once I fixed that, it did the trick and WiFi/BT works in Windows only. On macOS, it does not work correctly.

So, I did more research and put in the Clover patches for USB devices and re-assembled my DSDT. This did not fix the problem. Upon further investigation, I noticed the WiFi card was coming up as Third Party hardware and the fix to that was adding the AirportBRCMFixup.kext file. At this point, I am stuck and I'm hoping that someone can direct me in the way to get Bluetooth to work correctly in macOS. It works perfectly fine in Windows. I have attached the files below. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 10.43.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 10.43.58 PM.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 422
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 10.44.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 10.44.36 PM.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 205
  • debug_13093.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 102
So I need a little more help, I tried to use my old BCM card in another machine and the antenna connecter on it broke off. So I just decided to bite the bullet and purchase the BCM943602BAED WiFi card. It was ordered and I have it. I connected the antennas and purchased a third antenna so everything is connected fine. At first, WiFi was working and BT was not. I read up on the threads here and apparently I needed to tape the WiFi/BT disable pins 54-56. Once I fixed that, it did the trick and WiFi/BT works in Windows only. On macOS, it does not work correctly.

So, I did more research and put in the Clover patches for USB devices and re-assembled my DSDT. This did not fix the problem. Upon further investigation, I noticed the WiFi card was coming up as Third Party hardware and the fix to that was adding the AirportBRCMFixup.kext file. At this point, I am stuck and I'm hoping that someone can direct me in the way to get Bluetooth to work correctly in macOS. It works perfectly fine in Windows. I have attached the files below. Thanks!

Install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.
As per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

See also USB guides linked from FAQ... (your USB configuration is wrong).

Install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.
As per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

See also USB guides linked from FAQ... (your USB configuration is wrong).

Thank you RehabMan, it was weird because I did install FakePCIID and BrcmPatchRAM2/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext before and for some reason it didn't work. I thought I tried everything. But I just re downloaded those files, copied them to /Library/Extensions and updated the Kextcache. It seems to be working fine now!

I tried looking through the guides for USB patching, I must have looked at one where it mentions that you need to add a port limit patch and other clover patches. That actually helped with my machine detecting all USB ports. (I'm also guessing that's where you saw that my USB configuration was wrong?) I'm glad to get Bluetooth working, when I have a little bit of time today or tomorrow I will read and try to complete the creation of an SSDT for USBInjectAll.

Could that also be the reason why every time I start my machine it said it had a problem during startup? Maybe something else I have setup here is causing this? I have attached updated problem report files. Thanks again!

Attachments

• debug_11186.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 115
when I have a little bit of time today or tomorrow I will read and try to complete the creation of an SSDT for USBInjectAll.

non-optional task.

Could that also be the reason why every time I start my machine it said it had a problem during startup? Maybe something else I have setup here is causing this?

You probably forgot to install "RC scripts".
But you really should be using AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

I'm not as knowledgable on editing DSDT's or creating SSDT's so it will take some time for me to understand everything and for me to set it up.

Also, I did run "RC Scripts" and when I tried to boot the system with AptioMemoryFix.efi...the system did not boot. It did not make it to the login screen. If there is a way I can troubleshoot it or upload a screenshot of the boot screen when it stops? Thanks!

I'm not as knowledgable on editing DSDT's or creating SSDT's so it will take some time for me to understand everything and for me to set it up.

Also, I did run "RC Scripts" and when I tried to boot the system with AptioMemoryFix.efi...the system did not boot. It did not make it to the login screen. If there is a way I can troubleshoot it or upload a screenshot of the boot screen when it stops? Thanks!

I cannot comment on a particular configuration without PR files.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Okay, so I have done some homework. I have got the touchpad working, and I also have created a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll using the guide you created. It looks like mostly everything is working so far. I notice a little lag on the mouse movement and clicks that are in macOS, but not in Windows. My biggest thing is to fix the error I get every time I start macOS or restart my machine. I have attached all problem report files and a text of the KP error + an image of it. Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• debug_7767.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_7675.jpg
    IMG_7675.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Acer Nitro Crash Mojave.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 209
Okay, so I have done some homework. I have got the touchpad working, and I also have created a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll using the guide you created. It looks like mostly everything is working so far. I notice a little lag on the mouse movement and clicks that are in macOS, but not in Windows. My biggest thing is to fix the error I get every time I start macOS or restart my machine. I have attached all problem report files and a text of the KP error + an image of it. Thanks for helping!

Those reports are from an old KP not cleared from NVRAM.
Note how the system uptime is the same:
System uptime in nanoseconds: 15750560388
System uptime in nanoseconds: 15750560388
etc.

It because your NVRAM is not implemented correctly (well, memory fix not right, which breaks NVRAM).
You should be using AptioMemoryFix.efi, not OsxAptioFix*.efi, and not EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

Note: EmuVariableUefi-64.efi can work, but it requires the Clover "RC scripts" which you probably forgot to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back