Contribute
Register

Almost fully functional Acer Nitro 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thank you for that information. So I reinstalled Clover with OsxAptioFix*.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi + installed it with RC Scripts, deleted the NVRAM file and rebooted and it had the same error. So I then removed the NVRAM file, Reinstalled Clover with just AptioMemoryFix.efi (removed OsxAptioFix*.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi) and the system upon rebooting KP'ed.

It auto restarted so I could not catch the error in verbose mode. So when it rebooted a second time, for some reason it booted into the os. So I then restarted a third time and it worked fine. I figured I would create a fresh problem report file and when I restarted to get the DSDT/Preboot dumps, Clover got stuck. Upon restarting, I had to reset Clover EFI to boot from my BIOS for some reason.

Upon doing that, I restarted again and the system booted into macOS...but gave me another error. I am attaching the problem report files one more time. This is frustrating, but this is the first time I seen my machine boot with AptioMemoryFix.efi! What could be the issue? Thanks!

*EDIT*
I restarted my machine a few times, and every other restart it KP's in verbose mode and auto restarts. Then on the next restart it boots fine, but no error message.

*EDIT 2*
When I shutdown my machine and turn it back on, my internal laptop keyboard stopped working. Upon a restart, it started to work. It appears whenever I shut down my machine, it kills my internal keyboard. Although it works fine with a USB keyboard. Sometimes for some reason the boot order in the bios changes automatically to the Windows drive. I think the AptioMemoryFix.efi may have a compatibility issue with my laptop?

Attachments

• debug_11019.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 93
  • Acer Nitro Crash Mojave 2.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Okay, thank you for that information. So I reinstalled Clover with OsxAptioFix*.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi + installed it with RC Scripts, deleted the NVRAM file and rebooted and it had the same error. So I then removed the NVRAM file, Reinstalled Clover with just AptioMemoryFix.efi (removed OsxAptioFix*.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi) and the system upon rebooting KP'ed.

It auto restarted so I could not catch the error in verbose mode. So when it rebooted a second time, for some reason it booted into the os. So I then restarted a third time and it worked fine. I figured I would create a fresh problem report file and when I restarted to get the DSDT/Preboot dumps, Clover got stuck. Upon restarting, I had to reset Clover EFI to boot from my BIOS for some reason.

Upon doing that, I restarted again and the system booted into macOS...but gave me another error. I am attaching the problem report files one more time. This is frustrating, but this is the first time I seen my machine boot with AptioMemoryFix.efi! What could be the issue? Thanks!

*EDIT*
I restarted my machine a few times, and every other restart it KP's in verbose mode and auto restarts. Then on the next restart it boots fine, but no error message.

*EDIT 2*
When I shutdown my machine and turn it back on, my internal laptop keyboard stopped working. Upon a restart, it started to work. It appears whenever I shut down my machine, it kills my internal keyboard. Although it works fine with a USB keyboard. Sometimes for some reason the boot order in the bios changes automatically to the Windows drive. I think the AptioMemoryFix.efi may have a compatibility issue with my laptop?

Your KPs are real now (not repeated).
They are in the I2C kexts (look at panic_logs in your debug zip).
The I2C support thread is linked from the FAQ.

Your KPs are real now (not repeated).
They are in the I2C kexts (look at panic_logs in your debug zip).
The I2C support thread is linked from the FAQ.

Thank you for your help. It looks like I was able to fix the KP issue for now by updating to the newest VoodooI2C (2.1.4) and restart the machine a few times. What I find weird though is that after I manually shut down the system and turn it on via Shutdown ---> Power on, when the system comes back up...the trackpad works but the internal laptop keyboard stops working.

I can plug in a USB keyboard and it would work. Alternatively, if I shut down the machine and power it back up, notice the internal keyboard stops working...and then restart the machine when clicking on restart in the login page...the internal keyboard starts working again after the reboot.

I edited my post in the VoodooI2C support thread to reflect this, but do you think that it may be a completely different issue? Could the trackpad kexts cause the keyboard to stop responding after a shutdown? I uploaded new problem reporting files for this. Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_1276.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 86
Thank you for your help. It looks like I was able to fix the KP issue for now by updating to the newest VoodooI2C (2.1.4) and restart the machine a few times. What I find weird though is that after I manually shut down the system and turn it on via Shutdown ---> Power on, when the system comes back up...the trackpad works but the internal laptop keyboard stops working.

I can plug in a USB keyboard and it would work. Alternatively, if I shut down the machine and power it back up, notice the internal keyboard stops working...and then restart the machine when clicking on restart in the login page...the internal keyboard starts working again after the reboot.

I edited my post in the VoodooI2C support thread to reflect this, but do you think that it may be a completely different issue? Could the trackpad kexts cause the keyboard to stop responding after a shutdown? I uploaded new problem reporting files for this. Thanks!

Your PS2 kext is not current.
Link to current kext is here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thank you for pointing that out! Because it looks like there is an updated version of VoodooPS2. So I went ahead and updated the kext, then rebuilt cache...and upon a shutdown then power on it KP'ed in booting up. When it auto restarted, the keyboard worked. I then went to turn the machine off via shutdown again, powered it back up and no KP!

On top of that, the keyboard started to work like it's supposed to. I tried to shutdown and power up a few times and so far everything is working as it should! Just for good measure, I tested sleep and wake. That works great as well. Best part, no more KP's and error messages. Knock on wood, looks like I now have a fully functional hack! Thank you RehabMan for all of your help!

I'm sorry to be a bother, but is there a reason why the system would drop audio after waking up from sleep? It works fine when I use my USB headphones or Apple AirPlay, but the internal speakers and microphone go out after waking from sleep. I have the latest version of AppleALC and CodecCommander installed. Is there something I'm missing? I have the latest problem reporting files attached. Thanks again so much!

Attachments

• debug_531.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 117
I'm sorry to be a bother, but is there a reason why the system would drop audio after waking up from sleep? It works fine when I use my USB headphones or Apple AirPlay, but the internal speakers and microphone go out after waking from sleep. I have the latest version of AppleALC and CodecCommander installed. Is there something I'm missing? I have the latest problem reporting files attached. Thanks again so much!

AppleALC+CodecCommander requires custom settings for CodecCommander via SSDT-AppleALC.aml (see .dsl in CodecCommander repo).

A little later, I may try to auto-detect AppleALC in CodecCommander and automatically turn those features off, but for now you need to set those two features off manually. Just include SSDT-AppleALC.aml in ACPI/patched.

AppleALC+CodecCommander requires custom settings for CodecCommander via SSDT-AppleALC.aml (see .dsl in CodecCommander repo).

A little later, I may try to auto-detect AppleALC in CodecCommander and automatically turn those features off, but for now you need to set those two features off manually. Just include SSDT-AppleALC.aml in ACPI/patched.

Well, it looks like that fixed the issue. I was able to get the SSDT-AppleALC.aml into the ACPI/Patched folder and tested it. So far so good. It would be nice for CodecCommander to auto detect it but there is no rush on that. It works fine as is and I'm sure you are busy with other things and helping others like me.

I don't think I have any issues so anymore so far. It is functioning like a real Mac AFAIK. I would like to make a guide for this laptop, would I be able to create a guide in the guides section or just make a seperate thread here? Thanks for your help!

It would be nice for CodecCommander to auto detect it but there is no rush on that.

Uploaded new CodecCommander v2.7.1 that implements automatic AppleALC detection yesterday.

would I be able to create a guide in the guides section

Yes.

I have recently purchased a Nitro 5 AN515-53. What are your current System BIOS settings to get it to boot off of the USB drive with the Mojave installer? I can get it to boot onto the USB, but then it hangs at the Apple screen ... and will not go any further (all that I see is the Apple logo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back