Contribute
Register

Almost Everything Working but USB 3.0 - Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks thought I did for the ALC 1150 but will try it again
Having any freezes? My Z97X-UD5H sleeps and wakes up fine however I can mouse click on something and frozen. Using Logitech Unifying USB mouse and keyboard connected to USB 2.0 to play it safe...
Everything is working here without a single hiccup so far. Sleep works, Audio is better than on windows.

Only thing which don't work which I can't fix is:
iMessage (NVRAM.kext needs updating)
Multi-screen via GTX 980 (Nvidia needs to update this)
Dual-booting Windows 8 and Yosemite needs Unibeast to get to boot loader, windows overrides chimera.

Beside these small problems everything runs like a dream.

My solution was not to install the USB 3.0 Drivers in multibeast. It seems that Yosemite has the native drivers for USB 3.0 if they run on the intel Chipset. Since almost all Macs use the Intel Chipset for USB etc you should need the Custom kext/driver.

Does anyone know kext that is? I don't see any obvious candidates in S/L/E.

OK, I'm guessing it's "GenericUSBXHCI.kext." I removed that and now USB 3.0 is working, HOWEVER, at about 2/3 the speed I was getting under Mavericks. Not a major problem for me as I don't use USB 3.0 that much, but it would still be nice to get that resolved.

OK, I'm guessing it's "GenericUSBXHCI.kext." I removed that and now USB 3.0 is working, HOWEVER, at about 2/3 the speed I was getting under Mavericks. Not a major problem for me as I don't use USB 3.0 that much, but it would still be nice to get that resolved.
I haven't tested transfer speeds yet since I really don't use my USB 3.0 ports for anything except my Bluetooth dongle. I will test it later and see what I get.

I got my USB 3 working finally. Deleted GenericUSBXHCI.kext and copied the AppleUSBXHCI.kext from 'another site' into the plugins folder of the vanilla IOUSBFamily.kext.

I believe the ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe uses the Asmedia USB 3 chipset, but not sure.

-cp

I got my USB 3 working finally. Deleted GenericUSBXHCI.kext and copied the AppleUSBXHCI.kext from 'another site' into the plugins folder of the vanilla IOUSBFamily.kext.

I believe the ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe uses the Asmedia USB 3 chipset, but not sure.

-cp
I would like to do the same, but i'm a new hackintosh user and I dont really understand what you mean by "into the plugins folder of the vanilla IOUSBFamily.kext."
I have Sabertooth p67 so same chipset than you. Could you please explain me?
I thought I just hat to find the AppleUSBXHCI.kext and copy it to system/library/extension, but it seems to be more complicated.

Thank you very much

I would like to do the same, but i'm a new hackintosh user and I dont really understand what you mean by "into the plugins folder of the vanilla IOUSBFamily.kext."
I have Sabertooth p67 so same chipset than you. Could you please explain me?
I thought I just hat to find the AppleUSBXHCI.kext and copy it to system/library/extension, but it seems to be more complicated.

Thank you very much

Here's the steps I did to make it easy.

Copy the IOUSBFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions to your desktop. Don't move it, copy it. Then rename it to IOUSBFamily.kext.bak. When you rename it, then it shows up as a folder and you can click to Contents and then Plugins folders. Copy your AppleUSBXHCI.kext into the Plugins folder making sure to replace the one that's there. It'll have a newer date on it than the other kext files in there.

Then, rename the desktop IOUSBFamily.kext.bak back to IOUSBFamily.kext. Then use iKext to install this file, ie run iKext and drag it from your desktop into iKext. Reboot, but make sure to delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

If you're worried about screwing this up, make another copy of IOUSBFamily.kext FIRST, otherwise you may have to do the entire Yosemite install again.

Hope this helps.

-cp

Last edited:
Works great !
Thanks you very much you save my night!
I tried some copies on my USB3 flash drive, the transfert rates are excellent.

Thank you again

Just search for AppleUSBXHCI v705.4.4, you'll find it.

It's ok I found it you reply at the same time I edited the message !

thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back