Contribute
Register

Almost Everything Working but USB 3.0 - Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still having this issue after trying out different installations, any thoughts?

Anyone fixed this problem: it won't detect a drive plugged into a USB 3 port unless I plug it once, unplug it and then plug it again in the opposite USB 3 port. Same goes for front and back panel.

Same problem on 10.10 or 10.10.1

My motherboard's USB 3 ports worked flawlessly on Mavericks, Mountain Lion and Lion.

Anyone fixed this problem: it won't detect a drive plugged into a USB 3 port unless I plug it once, unplug it and then plug it again in the opposite USB 3 port. Same goes for front and back panel.

Kinda the same here! I have to plug into my left front port which works fine. If I plug into the front right port FIRST it doesn't work until I plug into the left front port...at which point the front right port WILL work. :crazy: But I've learned to live with it.

I have an Asus p8p67 Pro, I have tried GenericUSBXHCI.kext, usb 3.0 is working fine but I have an issue with sleep.

It goes to sleep and 1 sec after that it wakes up o_O
I have checked wake reasons, it is confirmed that it's usb 3 (when I remove kext it goes to sleep well).

I've also tried frantick method with AppleUSBXHCI.kext editing, usb 3 is here in system profiler but my external HDD isn't detected.

Anyone ?

I have an Asus p8p67 Pro, I have tried GenericUSBXHCI.kext, usb 3.0 is working fine but I have an issue with sleep.

It goes to sleep and 1 sec after that it wakes up o_O
I have checked wake reasons, it is confirmed that it's usb 3 (when I remove kext it goes to sleep well).

I've also tried frantick method with AppleUSBXHCI.kext editing, usb 3 is here in system profiler but my external HDD isn't detected.

Anyone ?

Try with -gux_defer_usb2 (kernel flag for GenericUSBXHCI.kext)

Try with -gux_defer_usb2 (kernel flag for GenericUSBXHCI.kext)

Thanks RehabMan, but it doesn't work, sadly (put in org.chameleon.Boot.plist OR entered at boot).
I have an ASMedia 1042, everything is installed thanks to multibeast and I have your latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Could my DSDT play a role here ? What could I test to find out what's going on ?

Thanks again

Thanks RehabMan, but it doesn't work, sadly (put in org.chameleon.Boot.plist OR entered at boot).
I have an ASMedia 1042, everything is installed thanks to multibeast and I have your latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Could my DSDT play a role here ? What could I test to find out what's going on ?

Thanks again

Disable "Wake on USB" in BIOS.

Hey RehabMan and all,

Installed Yosemite on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (F12), however, when I turn on USB3 from BIOS, the booting always stuck on same point (see attached picture).

I have tried to patch AppleUSBXHCI, without any result. AppleUSBXHCI is not loading - searching IOReg is not finding anything.

My system is 10.10.3 with Clover. Only using FakeSMC and SSDT.

Attachments

• usb3.jpg
    usb3.jpg
    879.4 KB · Views: 126
Hey RehabMan and all,

Installed Yosemite on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (F12), however, when I turn on USB3 from BIOS, the booting always stuck on same point (see attached picture).

I have tried to patch AppleUSBXHCI, without any result. AppleUSBXHCI is not loading - searching IOReg is not finding anything.

My system is 10.10.3 with Clover. Only using FakeSMC and SSDT.

Your problem may be unrelated to USB3...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/

That's where I am coming from, after trying it(copy downloaded file, patching with Clover), figured out appleusbxhci is not loading. Maybe even it should not have to load on my board. Instead EHCI is loading, according to IOReg.

The problem is most likely related to USB3, because overall the system works stable and fine. Only when I enable USB3 from BIOS it won't boot at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back