Contribute
Register

Almost Everything Working but USB 3.0 - Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I got Yosemite up and running last night (thanks to a few people helping from this forum). Last major thing that's not working for me are my USB 3.0 ports. I have an external HDD that worked fine and at decent speeds with Mavericks. I installed the Universal USB 3.0 kexts from Multibeast. It's not an issue of the speed being slow, my computer doesn't even recognize my HDD (and the light on the HDD usually turns on once it's connected to my computer, but no light (I can hear it spinning up). SO basically, I think my USB 3.0 ports are deactivated.

Anyone know if there is anything else i can do to get it working again? Is it possibly something in my BIOS? I did reset my BIOS settings to optimized defaults for purposes of installing Yosemite...but I thought the only things I had really changed were my overclock figures for RAM and my CPU.

Other observations:
- The temperature monitor app is only reading the temps on my hard drives, no longer anything relating to my CPU or mobo
- Aperture takes longer to load up

Thanks!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're up and running! :) I'm having the USB 3.0 issues as well on my end.

Hi, I'm also experiencing issues with USB 3.0

My MoBo is a Gygabyte H77N-Wifi that just has 2 USB 3.0 ports, and strangely, only ONE works after I installed MultiBeast USB 3.0 Driver. It works, but not all the times, and it seems that it's not plug and play at all.

I installed the USB 3.0 driver from MultiBeast for Mavericks, but it didn't worked either.

USB 3 not working here also.

P8Z68 MB here and also the usb 3 drivers on latest MultiBeast, and other areas around the web are not working. Getting duplicate ID or something like that when it loads at startup.

-cp

same here, had to plug everything back into the usb 2.0 ports... have a gb z77 ds3h ive only tried the universal 3.0 in multibeast driver..

cheers

i have 2 usb 3.0
but
working 1 only

any help ! plz :oops: :beachball:

Just a note about Gigabyte Eltron USB3 behavior. (your Gigabyte board as it for sure)

On Mavericks 10.9.5 my USB3 devices are only recognized by first plugging them into USB2.
Then, plug back into USB3. (!?)

IF computer sleeps, then USB3 stops working on wake......

I just wonder if this is also the case with Eltron USB 3.0 and Yosemite.

i have 2 usb 3.0
but
working 1 only

any help ! plz :oops: :beachball:

Thanks for the input everyone. As a quick update, I tried plugging my drive into all four of the USB 3.0 slots on the back of the motherboard. The hard drive recognizes that it's plugged into something because I hear it spin up, but then it doesn't connect. I tried plugging into the front panel of my case (which has 2 USB 3.0 slots), and one of the two work. Oddly, when I do this, the bluetooth adapter that's plugged into a USB 2.0 slot on my memory card reader (I have one of those 5.25" bay drive memory card readers with a bunch of USB slots on them) starts losing connection to my Magic Mouse. I plugged the bluetooth to the back of the motherboard in a USB 2.0 slot and it works.

Finally, the other issue I have is iMessage, but I think everyone is having that issue. Weird part is that I can sign into Facetime!? I thought if one doesn't work, the other usually doesn't either. But I made a phone call using it with my phone. So weird.

I also updated to Yosemite fine (Z77N-WIFI) and also get the USB 3.0 driver issue so it seems to be across the board. I guess we will have to wait for an update to Multibeast

Hi!

I am having the same issue.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ller-drivers-mac-os-x-yosemite-mavericks.html

However, my machine is NOT a hackintosh, it is a 2012 15" rMBP. This summer I did successfully use the Multibeast tool on a my previous 17" MBP to make my USB 3.0 ExpressCard work on that machine. However, in transferring the hard drive contents from the 17" to the 15" when I upgraded, I think it took the multibeast drivers with it.

Didn't seem to be a problem with Mavericks, but appears to be a problem with Yosemite.

Any idea where I can find the "original" MacBook Pro native drivers for the USB 3.0 Host Controller?

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back