Contribute
Register

All about 6x70b & 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone try to use External Monitor via VGA port? I am going to buy a full hd 1080 monitor which have better resolution than my laptop screen (1366 x 768). http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS247H-P-23-6-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit/dp/B005BZNDS0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390023005&sr=8-2&keywords=ASUS+VN247

My question are:
1- Does the VGA works (because i never try this b4 )?
2-Does the hd monitor will display full hd of pics or just same as my laptop as 1366 x 768?
3-If the VGA works how can i setup it to use as second monitor with my laptop screen?

thank you,

Is there anyone try to use External Monitor via VGA port? I am going to buy a full hd 1080 monitor which have better resolution than my laptop screen (1366 x 768). http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS247H-P-23-6-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit/dp/B005BZNDS0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390023005&sr=8-2&keywords=ASUS+VN247

My question are:
1- Does the VGA works (because i never try this b4 )?
2-Does the hd monitor will display full hd of pics or just same as my laptop as 1366 x 768?
3-If the VGA works how can i setup it to use as second monitor with my laptop screen?

thank you,

VGA does not work with HD4000. Use HDMI instead. That monitor has an HDMI...

VGA does not work with HD4000. Use HDMI instead. That monitor has an HDMI...
My Probook doesn't have HDMI =.=. There is only VGA and Displayport like this: DisplayPort-port.jpg
Any suggest ? I just want to use full hd monitor which is much much better than screen laptop.
thx,

My Probook doesn't have HDMI =.=. There is only VGA and Displayport like this: View attachment 80390
Any suggest ? I just want to use full hd monitor which is much much better than screen laptop.
thx,

Use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

DP arguably works better (more vanilla) then HDMI on OSX, I mean Apple uses it everywhere.
Any cheap DP>HDMI adapter will do for 1080p, I know I use one.

First post updated to mirror the current situations and fresh developments.

DP arguably works better (more vanilla) then HDMI on OSX, I mean Apple uses it everywhere.

Yes... even digital audio via DP works without hacking.

First post updated to mirror the current situations and fresh developments.

thx for this. Do you know how to set-up external monitor in MAC? In Windows 8 , it is easy for me to set-up via VGA port in screen properties.

thx for this. Do you know how to set-up external monitor in MAC? In Windows 8 , it is easy for me to set-up via VGA port in screen properties.

Plug it in. SysPrefs->Displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back