Contribute
Register

All about 6x70b & 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is a screenshot showing the bluetooth on. The interesting thing is if you look at the status bar at the top of the screen it shows the wifi on but the Network manager shows the status as off.

Not sure if it helps but the lights on the front are showing orange for the wifi radio.
View attachment 98250

You have to turn it on in OS X and have it on via the hardware switch on the laptop desk. The LED does not reflect the true state of the hardware.

You have to turn it on in OS X and have it on via the hardware switch on the laptop desk. The LED does not reflect the true state of the hardware.

Unless I'm missing something (either on the laptop or in the BIOS) the only hardware switch I see is the single button indicated in the attached picture. I've since reinstalled Windows and all related drivers and updated the BIOS and confirmed that the button does work. I'll reinstall OSX here in a little while and we'll see if maybe the BIOS update is what helped.

IMG_1211.JPG

Unless I'm missing something (either on the laptop or in the BIOS) the only hardware switch I see is the single button indicated in the attached picture. I've since reinstalled Windows and all related drivers and updated the BIOS and confirmed that the button does work. I'll reinstall OSX here in a little while and we'll see if maybe the BIOS update is what helped.

View attachment 98263

The switch/button works, but LED indication does not. So press it, then wait (patiently) for networks to populate. If they don't, press it again and then wait again (patiently). Madly pressing it over and over will not help. And all the while you must have OS X's idea of WiFi set to 'On'. Think of it like two switches, one hardware (with poor indication of its position) and a software switch (which is not aware of the hardware switch), both of which must be on.

And while you're in Windows, verify that you can use the WiFi card.

If it is still not working in OS X, then more information about how you installed will be required.

The switch/button works, but LED indication does not. So press it, then wait (patiently) for networks to populate. If they don't, press it again and then wait again (patiently). Madly pressing it over and over will not help. And all the while you must have OS X's idea of WiFi set to 'On'. Think of it like two switches, one hardware (with poor indication of its position) and a software switch (which is not aware of the hardware switch), both of which must be on.

And while you're in Windows, verify that you can use the WiFi card.

If it is still not working in OS X, then more information about how you installed will be required.

Everything worked perfectly in Windows. After updating the BIOS to the most current version (F.46), I reinstalled OSX following the guide and now wifi is working great! It could have been something I did before, but I suspect that updating the BIOS helped.

Thanks for the help and the install guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back