Intel HD4000 and Radeon 7970m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi to the small portion of Alienware m17x R4 users,

Just wanted to say Yosemite installs fine on the Alienware M17X R4 but you must use "PCIRootUID=1 -v" once you do this and the initial OS X boot finishes the text will stop for around 3 minutes doing nothing and suddenly the OS X install screen will appear, once you install OS X Yosemite you'll again need to "PCIRootUID-1" and no -v flag is required. In Multibeast ensure in Extras you select PCIRoot fix.. I think it's called that anyway and it will automatically add this for you so you don't have to type it in all the time, also before restarting in Multibeast you must also select the PS2 support otherwise the trackpad and keyboard won't work.

Besides that no Killer wifi kexts, also the Intel HD4000 doesn't seem to be working at all. Very low resolution, never really looked into it at the moment but I'm sure the HD4000 is fully supported.

Hi to the small portion of Alienware m17x R4 users,

Just wanted to say Yosemite installs fine on the Alienware M17X R4 but you must use "PCIRootUID=1 -v" once you do this and the initial OS X boot finishes the text will stop for around 3 minutes doing nothing and suddenly the OS X install screen will appear, once you install OS X Yosemite you'll again need to "PCIRootUID-1" and no -v flag is required. In Multibeast ensure in Extras you select PCIRoot fix.. I think it's called that anyway and it will automatically add this for you so you don't have to type it in all the time, also before restarting in Multibeast you must also select the PS2 support otherwise the trackpad and keyboard won't work.

Besides that no Killer wifi kexts, also the Intel HD4000 doesn't seem to be working at all. Very low resolution, never really looked into it at the moment but I'm sure the HD4000 is fully supported.

You probably should not be using PCIRootUID=1 with HD4000 graphics...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hi,

I was so tired yesterday I honestly couldn't be bothered to write anything hence the lack of information.

Anyway system specifications have been filled out, furthermore as much not using "PCIRootUID=1" it will not boot, it just gives a black screen which I'm assuming is the unsupported kexts for the 7970m maybe? resolution should be full 1080P but I'm getting much lower, I will boot into OS X in a minute and provide more information. If possible I'll also try to dump/output the verboose log if there's one.

Hi,

I was so tired yesterday I honestly couldn't be bothered to write anything hence the lack of information.

Anyway system specifications have been filled out, furthermore as much not using "PCIRootUID=1" it will not boot, it just gives a black screen which I'm assuming is the unsupported kexts for the 7970m maybe? resolution should be full 1080P but I'm getting much lower, I will boot into OS X in a minute and provide more information. If possible I'll also try to dump/output the verboose log if there's one.

Your profile is missing screen resolution and chipset. You cannot boot with proper flags without knowing your hardware details. Read post #2 carefully. Thanks.

@RehabMan Help ? i made the USB drive using the page instructions, i select the USB drive and boots, i see the Apple logo for a bit and then screen goes dark. seems like it actually boots since control-alt-del doesn't do anything but i just dont see anything on the screen. Full Specs :

Alienware M17xR4 (A13 BIOS)
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 0x1028 (0x057B) 1600*900
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Intel(R) HDMI Out/In Display Audio
Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)
Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
16 GB DDR3 Dual Channel

Trying to Install El Capitan.

@RehabMan Help ? i made the USB drive using the page instructions, i select the USB drive and boots, i see the Apple logo for a bit and then screen goes dark. seems like it actually boots since control-alt-del doesn't do anything but i just dont see anything on the screen. Full Specs :

Alienware M17xR4 (A13 BIOS)
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 0x1028 (0x057B) 1600*900
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Intel(R) HDMI Out/In Display Audio
Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)
Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
16 GB DDR3 Dual Channel

Trying to Install El Capitan.

Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 281
It was created with UniBeast... sooo what would be the next step? can i add the missing files or do i have to do it all over again?

It was created with UniBeast... sooo what would be the next step? can i add the missing files or do i have to do it all over again?

You have to arrange your Clover setup as per guide. If you can do that by working with what you have, try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back