Contribute
Register

Alienware m17x r3 DSDT suddenly causing kernel panics in OS and Install USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html.

ACPI files go in /Extra, not 'extras'. Yes, you need to add the dash. You need to number them sequentially... SSDT.aml (probably generated), SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, etc, retaining the original order.

Here's my ioreg:
View attachment Christopher’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Sorry, I meant to say Extra, not extras. It was late. :confused:

I've tried pretty much every combination of name and order for my SSDT files with no success. Right now they're in what should be the correct order with the correct names.

It's not really too big of a deal if I can't get my PCIe graphics card disabled, because it doesn't seem like I'm having any negative effects with it enabled anymore. I get minor graphical glitches sometimes, but I read that that's normal with an HD3000.

Here's my ioreg:
View attachment 106061

Sorry, I meant to say Extra, not extras. It was late. :confused:

I've tried pretty much every combination of name and order for my SSDT files with no success. Right now they're in what should be the correct order with the correct names.

It's not really too big of a deal if I can't get my PCIe graphics card disabled, because it doesn't seem like I'm having any negative effects with it enabled anymore. I get minor graphical glitches sometimes, but I read that that's normal with an HD3000.

You should drop all CPU related SSDTs (ssdt-1, ssdt-2, ssdt-4, ssdt-5, ssdt-6, ssdt-7, ssdt-8) [Note: Maybe some of those are generated]. Basically, implement power management, as described here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

And you have duplicate _DSM methods in your DSDT/SSDTs. Best to remove all OEM _DSM methods before patching.

Code:
into_all method label _DSM remove_entry;

You can check whether you have duplicates by trying to disassemble all your files in /Extra

Code:
cd /Extra
iasl -da *.aml

If you get errors trying to disassemble then you have work to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back