Contribute
Register

Alienware 17 R4 (kaby lake) installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt find any to download hackrnvme-10.12.6 directly. Any links available?

No need. Easy to generate it from a system running 10.12.6 with patch_nvme.sh.

I dont have a 10.12.6. All my hackintosh run on 10.12.3 & I dont plan to update as they are currently stable and used as primary development machine.

Can you provide me any links?

I dont have a 10.12.6. All my hackintosh run on 10.12.3 & I dont plan to update as they are currently stable and used as primary development machine.

Your choice, but obvious solution...
If you don't want to update your main partition, why not make a clone, update, then use it to generate.

Can you provide me any links?

No. No such pre-patched kext needed (as I wrote already, easy to generate).

I made hackrnvme-10.12.6 but still same results.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 67
No, I did direct install. I will try to reformat and install again.

Also, SSD has 3 partition , 120gb-MAC, 120gb-NTFS,500mb EFI

No, I did direct install. I will try to reformat and install again.

Also, SSD has 3 partition , 120gb-MAC, 120gb-NTFS,500mb EFI

I don't know what you mean by "direct install"? Direct install of what? I thought you were not able to use the macOS installer so far.

SSD should be (initally) partitioned by Disk Utility only (EFI will be 200mb).
Don't create Windows partitions with Disk Utility though.
You can use diskpart.exe to clean the disk ('clean' command).

So, some progress happened.

Strangely, installer completed part1 of process when I created 128gb partiton from MiniTool and left other unalliocated, & then reformatting partition in Disk Utility. But after that when I went to complete the wizard (part-2) on target partiton I got KP.

Repeating the above process , I got the the following screen multiple times.(Only grey screen and mouse)
IMG_3921.JPG

After many tries I got this screen multiple times and the installer just got stuck at this point
IMG_3909.JPG

and once at this point (where it asks me to reinstall macos)
IMG_3917.JPG

Also once I got error that - macos cannot continue installation, unable to unmount volume. So I was unable to complete the part-2 of the process.

Also disk utility gets stuck many times when I try to reformat partition:
IMG_3919.JPG

Still at this point system is very unstable. These are the result which I hardly reach 1 in 5-8 times. Mostly during i get KP or get stuck at apple logo after verbose boot.
I think there might be still problem with nvme drive.

Attachments

• IMG_3918.JPG
    IMG_3918.JPG
    932.4 KB · Views: 82
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 76
So, some progress happened.

Strangely, installer completed part1 of process when I created 128gb partiton from MiniTool and left other unalliocated, & then reformatting partition in Disk Utility. But after that when I went to complete the wizard (part-2) on target partiton I got KP.

Repeating the above process , I got the the following screen multiple times.(Only grey screen and mouse)
View attachment 274368

After many tries I got this screen multiple times and the installer just got stuck at this point
View attachment 274370

and once at this point (where it asks me to reinstall macos)
View attachment 274371

Also once I got error that - macos cannot continue installation, unable to unmount volume. So I was unable to complete the part-2 of the process.

Also disk utility gets stuck many times when I try to reformat partition:
View attachment 274374

Still at this point system is very unstable. These are the result which I hardly reach 1 in 5-8 times. Mostly during i get KP or get stuck at apple logo after verbose boot.
I think there might be still problem with nvme drive.

Using the USB port limit patch is a bad idea... likely to lead to instability (it causes a buffer overrun).

Without it I get KP of USB (maybe iousb or appleusb).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back