Contribute
Register

Alienware 17 R4 (kaby lake) installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried that too, initially I got same KP as previously. but now when I get past the verbose, I get stuck at language selection.( It happened previously when I booted without lilu and intelgraphicsfixup)

Should I try 10.12.6 as it supports kaby lake natively?
only essential kexts belong in clover/kexts/other, ie Fakesmc, VoodooPS2Controller, Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext and an ethernet kext. everything else (including the three listed) should be installed to either /System/Library/Extensions or /System/Library

then in your config.plist, change:
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
to
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Detect</string>

also, drivers64UEFI is not per guide either

Tried that also , but no success. Same results.

I am just getting stuck at language selection screen as previously. I did get KP once at language selection and during boot but it didn't reproduce.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3900.JPG
    IMG_3900.JPG
    616.5 KB · Views: 88
I am just getting stuck at language selection screen as previously. I did get KP once at language selection and during boot but it didn't reproduce.

No hardware details in your profile (please fix as per guide/FAQ).
Did you try a USB keyboard/mouse?

I think the problem was in unibeast. I created 10.12.6 installation using createinstallmedia on both usb 2.0 flash drive and usb 3.0 exterrnal HDD. Installation gets stuck on both at different times.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • usb 3.0 HDD.JPG
    usb 3.0 HDD.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • usb 2.0 flash drive.JPG
    usb 2.0 flash drive.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I waited for an hour but no change in logs or progress bar. Infact HDD light went off showing it was inactive and display was also turning off. At the end when I tried to close the log window and the system stucks at the rotating wheel.

I tried installing 4-5 times and got same results. Also I even formatted HDD multiple times and recreated installation.

Is there anything wrong in my clover config? Should I remove fake cpuid as I am using 10.12.6 ?

Last edited:
I waited for an hour but no change in logs or progress bar. Infact HDD light went off showing it was inactive and display was also turning off. At the end when I tried to close the log window and the system stucks at the rotating wheel.

I tried installing 4-5 times and got same results.

Is there anything wrong in my clover config? Should I remove fake cpuid as I am using 10.12.6 ?

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

FakeCPUID not needed for KabyLake on 10.12.6.
See guide for correct plist:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I find it useful to use SSDT-PluginType1.aml during install...
See here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

I don't know why you're using HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext on 10.12.6. Although it might work ok, seems like an unnecessary risk.
And OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi usually preferred over OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext has no application to your hardware. FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext also not needed (as FakeID not needed) in 10.12.6 for Kaby...

I download it from MAS. I created installation on my Hackintoshed Dell Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back