Contribute
Register

[ALC898] Internal speakers working, mic and headphones not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Clevo P775-DM3 (Santech G49)
CPU
Intel i7-6700K @4GHz
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,
I'm happy with my new Sierra build, I just miss some little things to have it 100% working. The most annoying is the audio, only internal speakers are working fine. My internal mic and the headphones are correctly recognised in sound sys prefs, but they are not working: no input, no output. My codec is ALC898, I use audio ID 1.

Please tell me if I need to provide any further information. Thank you!

Hi guys,
I'm happy with my new Sierra build, I just miss some little things to have it 100% working. The most annoying is the audio, only internal speakers are working fine. My internal mic and the headphones are correctly recognised in sound sys prefs, but they are not working: no input, no output. My codec is ALC898, I use audio ID 1.

Please tell me if I need to provide any further information. Thank you!

It is a likely problem with the patched AppleHDA files you're using... They were probably not created to include internal mic/etc.

Hi RehabMan, how can I create my own patched AppleHDA to have internal mic and headphones working? I tried editing Layout1.xml, Platforms.xml and Info.plist in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (according to my linux codec dump) but I get always the same result, devices recognised but no sound..

Hi RehabMan, how can I create my own patched AppleHDA to have internal mic and headphones working? I tried editing Layout1.xml, Platforms.xml and Info.plist in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (according to my linux codec dump) but I get always the same result, devices recognised but no sound..

Current AppleHDA only reads *.xml.zlib, never *.xml.
But patching AppleHDA is complex and very easy to make a mistake...

Hey! Maybe I'm a little late, but there's usually two audio connectors from the case to the motherboard; one's usually labelled AC and the other is HD AUDIO. Connect HD AUDIO!

Typically, laptops come with the speakers correctly connected.
(maybe you don't realize you replied to a laptop thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back