Contribute
Register

ALC888 - GA-P55A-UD3 onboard sound not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
No change. The AppleHDA.kext_v1.7.9 you have installed is Snow Leopard (10.6.2), The issue is the version of your 888. Do you still have the older Snow Leopard AppleHDA.kext? If so, try it. If not or it doesn't work, I don't have a solution for Lion on your system.

My last suggestion, if you go to Mountain Lion, try the ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha. A user with the same problem (AppleHDA.kext not loading, phantom audio codec) you have noted the ML_AppleHDA_Alpha solved that problem.

Well, thanks for trying. I can no longer find that one I used. I downloaded it off of the OSx86 website back when the 10.7.3 update came out. I found it and tried it out and to my surprise it worked. I'll search around and try to find it again. I won't be updating to Mountain Lion for a while. But, thanks again. I'll post back if I find any solutions. I guess until then, I'll stick to using my Presonus FireStudio, Now if I can figure out why I'm getting a KP when I install the FireStudio drivers, then I'll be ok for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back