Contribute
Register

ALC888 - GA-P55A-UD3 onboard sound not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Kext - tonymacx86 Wiki. Do a clean install and use Multibeast to install audio:
MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC892.

Ok, first of all thanks for clearing that up, I don't know all of these short term names yet as you more experienced users do.

- I have installed a clean/fresh install on a spare drive I have.

- You asked "Version and date of S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (Finder/File/Get Info). How was it installed?"
I'm answering your question to the best of my knowledge right now.

You want to know the date and version of my "AppleHDA.kext" that is located in my "System/Library/Extensions" folder, am I correct here?
I can check this when I off of work and I get home, I can reply back.

Question's here that do not make any sense "MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC892."

FIRST, why would I use MuliBeast 5.0.2? I can maybe answer this one for myself, Older Motherboard so use older Multibeast? NOW I built this computer back when this version was around, I THINK, So I'm pretty sure I tried this before with the same results.

SECOND, why would I NOT use my DSDT? I'm not sure if you read my previous posts, I am currently using a Edited version of the one from this site to get my graphics card working properly, YES, Graphics and Sound both went when I updated to 10.7.4. on an update and FRESH install. Now why would I use ALC892 when my Board is ALC888 my board is Rev 1 it clearly shows in the book ALC888. I'm not saying you are wrong here, you are clearly the expert, I'm just trying to fully understand.

When I get home I will download the older Multibeast and give it a go without the DSDT and install the ALC892? from Multibeast if that's what you were trying to say?

Anthony

There is no 4.6.0 anymore, or I just can't find it on here, So I had no choice but to use the new 4.6.1

This didn't work for me, why? I have no clue. Check screen shots:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 2.png
    2.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 3.png
    3.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 4.png
    4.png
    15 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    997 KB · Views: 196
There is no 4.6.0 anymore, or I just can't find it on here, So I had no choice but to use the new 4.6.1
I noted 4.6.1. You chose the wrong ALC8xxHDA, also noted. You need ALC8xxHDA for Legacy. Rerun MultiBeast with just that audio selection and System Utilities. Reply with IOReg.

I noted 4.6.1. You chose the wrong ALC8xxHDA, also noted. You need ALC8xxHDA for Legacy. Rerun MultiBeast with just that audio selection and System Utilities. Reply with IOReg.

Still not working, IOreg attached.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 2.png
    2.png
    58 KB · Views: 134
  • Anthony’s Mac Pro 9.10.12.ioreg.zip
    319.2 KB · Views: 50
Still not working, IOreg attached.
AppleHDA.kext did not load and you have the phantom codec. This is not repairable. Suggest a fresh install and your most recent MultiBeast selections.

i'd the GA-P55A-UD3 (rev.1) and had the ALC888 working (under lion). i'd followed this poster instructions.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/17426-fix-892-appears-sys-profiler-but-no-audio-problem.html

basically, use the "Non-DSDT HDAEnabler" entry for ALC888. hope it works for you.

-dh-

I need my DSDT though, without that I have no graphics. This all worked perfect in 10.7.3 it was pretty much flawless except for a good working sleep, it gave me a KP every once in a while. Grrrr

AppleHDA.kext did not load and you have the phantom codec. This is not repairable. Suggest a fresh install and your most recent MultiBeast selections.

I've done this before with a fresh install and still the same results, no working sound. But I will do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back