Contribute
Register

ALC888 AppleHDA.kext (10.7.1 Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
please, i've tried a lot of ACL888 kext files and no one works.. i don't know why. anybody have a GA-P55-UD3 ?

i don't know what to do anymore, may be clean install and try again from the beginning but i don't know what i can do to have sound working...

you dont need to clean install you just need to sort the sound out which you will have to do if you clean install
are you using multibeast to load the kext and repair permissions is checked in the bbox

yes i did use multibeast, load kext and repair permissions.. it doesn't work, so i try to do a clean install, start again from the beginning, and it works !

So clean install is good thing when people like my tries so many things without really know what to do and make the system messed...

seae2l said:
yes i did use multibeast, load kext and repair permissions.. it doesn't work, so i try to do a clean install, start again from the beginning, and it works !

So clean install is good thing when people like my tries so many things without really know what to do and make the system messed...

YES!!! Could not have said it better! Best rule of thumb. :p

I'm tryin diferent Kexts, but I'm not happy all with the Sound.
What's the best sounding one for a 2.1 Output? I don't need Mic or 5.1

GA-EP35-DS3L ICH9 ALC888

So I'm using a GA-P55-USB3 Rev.1 and I cannot get my output device (ALC888) to show up in the settings pane or get any audio. I tried modifying my DSDT from the database with the HDEF edit from page 1 but when I try to install the DSDT with MultiBeast the installation fails.

I've tried every combination of HDA Enabler, LegacyHDA, Voodoo, and AppleHDA I can find posts about, but with no luck.

The attached file is the DSDT that fails insulation. I patched it using the Auto-Patcher after trying DSDTSE and that not working either.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Attachments

• derp.aml
    18.8 KB · Views: 90
Yeah ! Worked like a charm on Asus IPIBL-LB with onboard audio Realtek ALC888S

Thanks !!

Never mind, resolved with Voodoo

system10 said:
Never mind, resolved with Voodoo

Which Version did you use. As soon as I try one of the Voodoo Versions I get a KP -- it even forced my to a clean re-install.

Thanks,
Mario.

don't get it running on P55-USB3 Rev2 with ALC888 ....

10.7.3 any help for me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back