Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just updated the new AppleHDA.kext from 10.7 Lion. All is working as with my previous versions and it's functionality is the same as my previous builds. Install by dragging onto Kext Utility (or your installer of choice), set and repair permissions. Enjoy!

Instructions:
- Manually remove ANY audio extensions, whether it is LegacyHDA, VoodooHDA, AND any previous AppleHDA from both e/e and s/l/e before installing. Drag them to the trash, ensuring NOTHING gets left behind.
- This is for ALC888, not ALC888a/b/c/DD/l/s/x in specific, though it may work for some.

*Note: You will need proper DSDT edits for this kext to work. I have no idea if HDAenabler.kext is still a viable solution, hence why I have not included it.

If you do not have an edited DSDT for audio, you can use this code. If your DSDT's HDEF section is already edited, but has a different edit, that's fine. It does not necessarily need to mirror mine; I know of at least 3 that will work. :p

Code:
Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x04)
                        {
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x78, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

Name (BUFA, ResourceTemplate ()
            {
                IRQ (Level, ActiveLow, Shared, )
                    {3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,14,15}
            })
            Name (BUFB, ResourceTemplate ()
            {
                IRQ (Level, ActiveLow, Shared, )
                    {}
            })
            CreateWordField (BUFB, One, IRQV)
            Device (LNKA)
            {
                Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0F"))
                Name (_UID, One)
                Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    And (PIRA, 0x80, Local0)
                    If (LEqual (Local0, 0x80))
                    {
                        Return (0x09)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Return (0x0B)
                    }
                }

Method (_PRS, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (BUFA)
                }

Method (_DIS, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Or (PIRA, 0x80, PIRA)
                }

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    And (PIRA, 0x0F, Local0)
                    ShiftLeft (One, Local0, IRQV)
                    Return (BUFB)
                }

Method (_SRS, 1, NotSerialized)
                {
                    CreateWordField (Arg0, One, IRQ1)
                    FindSetRightBit (IRQ1, Local0)
                    Decrement (Local0)
                    Store (Local0, PIRA)
                }
            }

**Note: The outputs have now reverted to the nice clean iMac options, meaning Internal Speakers, Headphones, and Digital are properly displayed in the Sound Preferences. If you want 5.1 analogue or whatnot, simply add a device in Audio Midi app. If you are unsure how to do this, there are plenty of guides out there. Apple Midi has changed. I can not seem to get multi-channel sound to be added, nor can I configure the i/o ports to 5.1 analogue. My inputs and outputs for my plists have not changed at all since 10.5.X, yet certain inputs such as Mic are missing. I will look into this matter and hopefully have a fix. :thumbdown:

Hello. Nice to see, that you continue with this great work. I've been using your previous kexts in SL without a problem but with this one i'm not able to figure out, how to add another channels. Also there is no microphone input. I can't see any other I/O's in Audio Midi Setup app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haraburda2 said:
Hello. Nice to see, that you continue with this great work. I've been using your previous kexts in SL without a problem but with this one i'm not able to figure out, how to add another channels. Also there is no microphone input. I can't see any other I/O's in Audio Midi Setup app.

I just noticed this too. With my previous kext, I was using Ventrilo and had input set to mic, but there is nothing now. As well, Apple Midi seems different. I will investigate when I have a few minutes to troubleshoot.

I couldn't get it to work. Or...rather, I can't get it to enable in system preferences.

I used a DSDT given for my specific board from Insanely Mac (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523). I downloaded the DSDT auto-patcher, and patched it with HDEF Auto-Patcher (my board specs say it's an 888 codec, but on the OSx86 Wiki HCL for 10.6.7, they used an 892!). Well, when I installed to SL (10.6.7), sound worked great. Now, at 10.7.1, I get no sound and I'm completely at a loss for WHY. I've installed any number of kexts for HDA enabler, and stuck strictly to the 888 codec. Following your guide exactly (I removed all audio kexts, including AppleHDA, LegacyHDA, and ALC8xxHDA), and then installed your AppleHDA (using KextBeast), I ran MultiBeast (using UserDSDT, System Repairs, and redoing my bootloader), and still no sound! And worse I get this now:

2fGOu.png

I still have my original DSDT (and a copied version with the 888 HDEF patch), should I just attempt to patch with 892 and follow that as my codec?

EDIT: Went ahead and tried to reinstall by patching my DSDT with 892, worked PERFECTLY. My nightmare is over.

Hi,
first of all thanks for your work!

But somehow it doesn't work for me.
I've already tried different HDEF sections, but non worked for me...

Beside that, I've tried your SL AppleHDA.kext (10.6.8) under Snow Leopard, but it doesn't work either...

So I guess that there is something wrong with my HDEF section, but I don't get what it is.

I hope that you could help me. :)

Cheers Matze
PS: My soundcard is a ASUS MIO card, but that shouldn't make any difference, right?

Edit: Now my Soundcard gets detected and all input/outputs are seen by the System Profiler, but I can't use them... so whats causing this problem?

audio5xr8.jpg

I'm having a problem with your kext appears DP55WB all audio preferences but no sound comes out = /

DP55wb
i7 860

I had a closer look and noticed the following:

- With the standard and unmodified AppleHDA.kext the System Profiler still sees all the inputs and outputs (because of the DSDT injection)
- AppleHDA.kext (no matter if modified or not) doesn't load (kextstat)
- I don't know why, but two times the modified AppleHDA.kext loaded and worked without issues

So what else could I do?

MatzeOS86 said:
No one with the same problem? And no solution?

Edit: Sound is now working, but I've to use an additional Extension in E/E.
You can find it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=245085

I am going to d/l the LegacyHDA888.kext when I have time and try to incorporate the plists into my mod'd AppleHDA. There are 2 variants (in terms of the addresses, not ALC888a/b/c/DD/l/s/x in specific) for the ALC888. This is why some work, some don't even they are ALC888 (minus B variant, which is 887).

I say when I have time because I no longer have ALC888, a new mobo upgraded me to ALC889 (something I miss from my last 3 boards...a far better codec). However, I am sure there will be many people willing to try any mods I release. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back