Contribute
Register

ALC888 AppleHDA.kext (10.7.1 Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my modified AppleHDA.kext (10.7.2).
It should work the same way as the previous version.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.ALC888.(10.7.2).kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 723
Thanks for posting this... How do you add this next if I already installed the Voodoo Driver using Multibeast?

Thanks again,

Nelson

gaminel said:
Thanks for posting this... How do you add this next if I already installed the Voodoo Driver using Multibeast?

Thanks again,

Nelson

Delete all your sound kexts, this one should work.

Bansaku you are a legend. I rem the days of editing ALC888 :p

all working as i'm straight ALC888 :D

I have a slightly better kext, it's 10.7.2 and it also features rear mic input. Hopefully someone will be able to add front mic that is the only thing I am missing at this moment (I only use 2.1 audio output so I cannot comment how the kext works with multichannel). I have attached kext and screenshots of inputs and outputs to this post.

Credit to cparm for creating the files (Info.plist, layout888.xml and Platforms.xml) that is being used for patching Applehda.kext.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 884
  • Input.png
    Input.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,604
  • Output.png
    Output.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,638
Thanks mate! :)

The Mic works now!

hi guys, sorry if it's either the wrong place or the wrong way to ask. i've googled it a lot of times, i'm using a p5e ws pro mobo, it's saying everywhere that it's alc888. and i can't get it to work with anything except voodooHDA which won't work the way i want it (it's too buggy and i'm not a programmer :( soz).
any info or guidelines would be much appreciated. thank you!

Works for me, i did not test mic input, but front and rear analog outputs is working, SPDIF digital out is fully working in 5.1 channel :headbang:

My motherboard:
GA-EP43 DS3L
Audio:
ALC888

Thank you!
:clap:

I try to have my ALC888 working but don't understand how to do... is there any tutorial or explanation from the beginning ? i don't know what to do with all this files ( kext, bundle, plist etc etc ) in the downloaded zip files.

thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back