Contribute
Register

ALC888 - 4x LINEOUTS, 2x MIC, 1x LINEIN, 1x DIGIN 1x DIGOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEW AUDIO SOLTION FOR ALL ALC888 USERS

rickette said:
not working for me.
I got sound on 2 speakers only (as usual).

but an audio output is missing in the mixer (i think it's "built-in digital output")

Check for ALCinject delete it, HDAEnabler delete it, VoodooHDA delete it, Delete AppleHDA from S/L/E copy over my file, repair permissions try again, your codec is ALC888 so it has to work as the verbs i'm using are from windows so it should suit all ALC888 users just how apple injects ALC885 verbs.

Anyway i'm working on another solution first i'm studying it, looks like Apple use ALC885 pathmaps and layout without injecting an ID or verbs so i'm guessing the ID triggers built in info somewhere i've tested some of it and i can inject different stuff into sys profiler, will continue testing too feken early in the morning so i guess i will muck around again :p

Re: NEW AUDIO SOLUTION FOR ALL ALC888 USERS

i checked all the kexts in S/L/E, i don't have any one you've mentionned.

I've been working all day on it, i have to add ports one by one slowly and muck around with verbs because as you add more verbs need to be altered.

I'm working on a no error version so it might take a while been here all day, but atleast i got this solution working via dsdt again.

What is different with this than using the solution of Legacy888HDA and AppleHDA 10.6.2?What extra capabilities are you providing?

i've got all connections showing, just have to configure verbs and remove a few errors, i have HP/Green port on auto swap, green works HP doesn't so have to get it working first and black and orange working but grey not, so i have to configure verbs around as the pathmaps are all correct from what i have seen using hd audio utility by intel.

***EDIT*** Now Green, Grey, Black, Orange works
now just have to fiddle with headphones to get them working

Also Both Mic's and Linein are there with correct names.

Might have to change Dig in and out verbs just give me time, I personally dont think Macosx has limitations to the ports, it's everything to do with verbs as i've studied.

MacMan said:
What is different with this than using the solution of Legacy888HDA and AppleHDA 10.6.2?What extra capabilities are you providing?

Legacy dont work with 10.6.3+ so that's the only difference, if you want to use 10.6.2 version you can. but i always work with new.

atleeit said:
Legacy dont work with 10.6.3+ so that's the only difference, if you want to use 10.6.2 version you can. but i always work with new.
So the difference is you are hacking up AppleHDA 10.6.3 and adding in HDAEnabler versus using Legacy888HDA and AppleHDA 10.6.2. In either case when 10.6.4 comes out (which could be shortly), both of our AppleHDA's will get overwritten. Who knows, maybe Legacy will work again or 10.6.4 will break things worse.

Also, does you solution work with a DSDT?

I applaud your determination. You can learn a lot by taking on a project like this. I know I did when I created the new Legacy88xHDA's.

MacMan said:
atleeit said:
So the difference is you are hacking up AppleHDA 10.6.3 and adding in HDAEnabler versus using Legacy888HDA and AppleHDA 10.6.2. In either case when 10.6.4 comes out (which could be shortly), both of our AppleHDA's will get overwritten. Who knows, maybe Legacy will work again or 10.6.4 will break things worse.

Also, does you solution work with a DSDT?

I applaud your determination. You can learn a lot by taking on a project like this. I know I did when I created the new Legacy88xHDA's.

I'm using DSDT right now so my next version wont included HDAEnabler, I also have a 10.6.4 version because i'm using the delta builds. Legacy does not work in 10.6.4 already testing and it fails.

got all ports, just mucking around with verbs so i can remove errors and get grey working again.

atleeit said:
got all ports, just mucking around with verbs so i can remove errors and get grey working again.
I remember someone saying that there is a limit to the number of ports AppleHDA can support. That's why in Legacy we dropped the Black port which is used for 7.1 surround systems to support the Digital Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back