Graphics
Geforce GTX560
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
NEW AUDIO SOLUTION, Should work on all ALC888 codecs.

4x Lineout, 2xMic, 1xLineIn, 1x Dig In 1x Dig Out

I removed HP as it was annoying me and removing the grey output :p

Green - Works
Grey - Works
Black - Works
Orange - Works
Linein - Untested
Mic rear and Mic Front - Untested
Dig In and Out - Untested

DSDT + BIN PATCHED APPLEHDA
Attached is a text document with the DSDT HDEF section just copy and paste into your DSDT. Make sure you change 2x AZAL to HDEF.
Attached is also a binpatched AppleHDA.

NEW AS OF 28.05.2010

Please test and let me know.

Attachments

• AppleHDA5OUT_4IN.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 210
Re: NEW AUDIO SOLTION FOR ALL ALC888 USERS

Is this only for the ALC888 codec or for all ALC88x codecs?

If it's for all what's the difference between using this and using my Legacy889aHDA and the vanilla 10.6.3 AppleHDA with the ALC889a codec?

MacMan said:
Is this only for the ALC888 codec or for all ALC88x codecs?

If it's for all what's the difference between using this and using my Legacy889aHDA and the vanilla 10.6.3 AppleHDA with the ALC889a codec?

I made it with ALC888 verbs so i doubt ALC889a will work because ALC889a would use same verbs as ALC885. but it can be fixed really quickly for ALC889a users as that is supported by MacOSX.

This version i removed ALC885 codec id so it won't work and replaced it with ALC888.

Will there be a version with 5.1 support? I'm using your previous 10.6.3 kext and it's IDEAL solution for me.

Haraburda2 said:
Will there be a version with 5.1 support? I'm using your previous 10.6.3 kext and it's IDEAL solution for me.
You can get 5.1 if you use Legacy888HDA with AppleHDA 10.6.2 and use Audio Midi Setup to configure a 5.1 output device following the instructions in this topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848

MacMan said:
Haraburda2 said:
You can get 5.1 if you use Legacy888HDA with AppleHDA 10.6.2 and use Audio Midi Setup to configure a 5.1 output device following the instructions in this topic http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848

Looking at ALC885 as it injects all ports, I'm also doing the same with ALC888 verbs, so yes i think Macosx can support all ports, So i will be bringing another version later today, 5.1, 7.1 version, might even try to get the White optical port going as I think that can also work.

I have the codec verbs right now so all i need to do is add more pathmaps, I need to submit assignment today, busy as but I'll release a version later.

been trying to get audio to work on my ud3p for ages.

can someone please post installation instructions. including what we might need to delete from previous attempts

thanks muchly :D

MacMan said:
You can get 5.1 if you use Legacy888HDA with AppleHDA 10.6.2 and use Audio Midi Setup to configure a 5.1 output device following the instructions in this topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848

Yes, I know it can be done with that combination but I'm curious about this new solution.

atleeit said:
So i will be bringing another version later today, 5.1, 7.1 version, might even try to get the White optical port going as I think that can also work.
Nice! It would be great! :thumbup:

Give me a little time, got an assignment due in few days so have to work hard on it.

not working for me.
I got sound on 2 speakers only (as usual).

but an audio output is missing in the mixer (i think it's "built-in digital output")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back