Contribute
Register

ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext (10.6.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratch that last comment out, somehow I lost audio again but now with an added bonus. (the attached image)

Does anyone know what this is? Before the last alteration it didn't have the slash-circle and wasn't full it would actually move. I'm guessing it means It doesn't even detect the speakers, headphones...

Attachments

• audio.png
    audio.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 183
Thank you Tony, you are king.

To the rest, download and extract (dont rename) the .zip file required. Drag it on the icon of Kext Helper in applications and let it do its thing. Once it finishes, hit quit and launch Kext helper on its own just by clicking on it. It will repair permissions for your whole system not just s/l/e. Once done reboot.

I have front and back audio outupt with this kext, the only problem is that when I plug front headphones in it still uses the back, and I have to unplug the back for the front to work.

Confirmed - 4 restarts
ALC888 - GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L
SL 10.6.5
Alternative to OP
0. download [ http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=137 ]
1. add kexts to s/l/e (Kexthelper)
2. repair permissions (disk utility)
3. rebuild Extentions.mkexts (kext utility)

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• audio.png
    audio.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 162
Make sure that you are only using ONE of the kexts in post #1. The AppleHDA.ALC888.kext.10.6.5.zip is the kext needed for the onboard ALC888 audio to work. The second file, AppleHDA.ALC888.HDAEnablerkext.zip is THE SAME kext, only I have bundled in the HDAEnabler for compatibility for older main-boards, differing BIOS versions, and variants on the ALC888 chipset. It may or may not work 100%.

Please, I implore you good folk out there to read and re-read post #1 before asking a question. I am always more than happy to help/troubleshoot, however this will potentially save on asking/answering redundant questions. :cool:

One thing I have noticed is that the volume intensity has gone down quite a bit. Pre-10.6.5 the speaker setting at 50% was very loud but now it's only faint. Any ideas? Cheers

bricktamland said:
I have front and back audio outupt with this kext, the only problem is that when I plug front headphones in it still uses the back, and I have to unplug the back for the front to work.

Confirmed - 4 restarts
SL 10.6.5
Alternative to OP
0. download [ http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=137 ]
1. add kexts to s/l/e (Kexthelper)

Hope this helps.

Thank you for experience, you're stubborn guy:)
It works for me!

Thanks Bansaku, that last post made the most sense.
So far their are two solutions for me that worked with limited functionality.
[ http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=137 ]
(contains both AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext)

[ viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7730 ] (AppleHDA.ALC888.HDAEnablerkext.zip)
(contains both in AppleHDA.kext)

With these instructions
SL 10.6.5
Alternative to OP
0. download kexts (above)
1. add kexts to system/library/extensions (Kexthelper)
4. restart

For those of you running 64 bit snow leopard, I found a voodooHDA that works without popping, as for all the outputs, I'm not sure as I cannot test them, they all show up though.

the link is: http://osx86.co/f57/voodoohda-64bit-t3828/

P.S: The HDAhelper thingy didn't work for me, so I wrote my own little script to enable kext on startup(the kext won't load automatically).

P.P.S: for some reason, my Line-Out(green) shows as "Unknown" but works beautifully

Unfortunately this new kext doesn't work for me. The 10.6.4 kext does work, but with no 5.1 over s/pdif :( I'm trying to find a way to enable it.

If I don't want to use HDAEnabler.kext, what code should I add to my dsdt file?

Thx for your effort!
I do have a Gigabyte P965 DS4 with ALC888 and it won´t run at 10.6.5 :/
With your new kext (incl. HDAEnabler) i get this:
bildschirmfoto20101128u.png

with the old 10.6.4 of you and the HDAEnabler from Multiboot i get:
1064alc88hdaenabler.png

In System Preferences it keeps telling me that no Audio Output-Device is found.

Do you have any idea pls?

At 10.6.4 it worked perfectly.

Thx in advance!
Cyber

EDIT: OK i finally got voodooHDA half-working. If i play on my piano, which is connected via LineIN i do hear the sound and i can adjust the volume with the voodooHDA-preferences (LineIn & IMIX)

But no sound from iTunes? How´s that possible?

EDIT2: The volume controller doesn´t effect the sound level from line-in at all. When i play a loop in garage band i do see the lights of the volume-meter go up and down, but no sound out of computer. Changing in system preferences - sound - output doesn´t have any effect too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back