Contribute
Register

ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext (10.6.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, need this

i want it! thanks

Wayang-NT said:
great .... works for my EP43-UD3L (i used version 1.8.4fc3 before) …. this version is 1.9.9f12 the same version HDA in Snow Leopard 10.6.6 build 10J537

I'd like to hear more from you as I couldn't get this file working on my fresh install EP43, did it today with latest iboot/multibeast. I installed these files using Kext Helper, restarted, and got a kernel panic. Tried it more than once.

I started fresh on an empty hard drive but the box was running 10.6.2 prior to this and audio was working, as well as digital out. That install was done last year with one of those hacked setups, so I can confirm the hardware can be made to work properly on older versions.

macier said:
Wayang-NT said:
great .... works for my EP43-UD3L (i used version 1.8.4fc3 before) …. this version is 1.9.9f12 the same version HDA in Snow Leopard 10.6.6 build 10J537

I'd like to hear more from you as I couldn't get this file working on my fresh install EP43, did it today with latest iboot/multibeast. I installed these files using Kext Helper, restarted, and got a kernel panic. Tried it more than once.

I started fresh on an empty hard drive but the box was running 10.6.2 prior to this and audio was working, as well as digital out. That install was done last year with one of those hacked setups, so I can confirm the hardware can be made to work properly on older versions.

You are overlooking something. A few things to consider:
1) Did you select ANY audio options in Multibeast/iBoot? Double check, you should not have.
2) Did you double check that the original AppleHDA was manually removed from the S/L/E folder (aka opening up extensions folder, finding the kext, and dragging it to the trash...it will ask for admin password).
3) Is your DSDT properly edited for HDA? If not you MUST use the version with HDAEnabler.

Interestingly enough I set up a fresh install on a USB external drive this past weekend to test out the MacMan's ALC8xxHDA.kext. My findings, digital (fibre optic or coaxial) does not work. Headphones, Mic, and Line out does. Useless to me. I manually removed ALC8xxHDA.kext and dragged my AppleHDA.kext over Kext Utility (NOT HELPER) and restarted. All was fine.

Bansaku said:
macier said:
Wayang-NT said:

You are overlooking something. A few things to consider:
1) Did you select ANY audio options in Multibeast/iBoot? Double check, you should not have.
2) Did you double check that the original AppleHDA was manually removed from the S/L/E folder (aka opening up extensions folder, finding the kext, and dragging it to the trash...it will ask for admin password).
3) Is your DSDT properly edited for HDA? If not you MUST use the version with HDAEnabler.

Interestingly enough I set up a fresh install on a USB external drive this past weekend to test out the MacMan's ALC8xxHDA.kext. My findings, digital (fibre optic or coaxial) does not work. Headphones, Mic, and Line out does. Useless to me. I manually removed ALC8xxHDA.kext and dragged my AppleHDA.kext over Kext Utility (NOT HELPER) and restarted. All was fine.

Well I went through everything several more times, and after some screwing around I got it to work, thank you. The kexts from that previous post did work and so does digital out, which is how I had it working on the previous install and what I wanted here as well. I did have analog working with voodooHDA earlier, and that kext was still in S/L/E so I think that was my problem at some point, though it's hard to say after so many reboots/tries and messing around.

Oh, also at the end I skipped using KextHelper and installed the HDAEnabler manually and repaired permissions. It's funny, when I first got into this I never knew about KextHelper and so I just did everything manually, but over time I've become dependent on it which sometimes makes you miss things.

macier said:
Well I went through everything several more times, and after some screwing around I got it to work, thank you.

Fantastic! I am glad to hear all is working. In the beginning of my Hackintosh experience I lost track of everything I manually installed (or anything non-vanilla) I started to label them. It's very easy to overlook one small little something, and it makes ya feel pretty silly when you do find it.

Way back when we were all getting our new P55 1556 systems working over at Insanelymac (before Tony had this awesome forum) I was insistent that I did not need the PlatformUUID.kext when EVERYONE else did. Turns out I was working on USB, HPET and Power management DSDT fixes on another threat, and had hardcoded my UUID# into a kext and forgot that I did so. Oops! ;)

I have tried many drivers for my ALC888...hope this one can save me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back