Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just updated the new AppleHDA.kext from the 10.6.5 update. All is working as with my previous versions and it's functionality is the same as my previous builds. Install by dragging onto Kext Utility (or your installer of choice), set and repair permissions. Enjoy!

*note you may need to update your BIOS to the latest version.
**note 2: AMD chipsets may have troubles, this has been tested on Intel only.

- Manually remove ANY audio extensions, whether it is LegacyHDA, VoodooHDA, AND any previous AppleHDA from both e/e and s/l/e before installing. Drag them to the trash, ensuring NOTHING gets left behind.
- This is for ALC888, not ALC888a/b/c/d/s/x in specific, though it may work for some.
- I am including my previous versions (ALC888SL.zip) for those who had their HDA working with that version, but not the current.
- Added HDAEnabler version of AppleHDA 10.6.5 kext for added compatibility for some mainboards .

Thanks Bansaku, great work m8!

This works, even front audio works now (it was not workin with 10.6.4 AppleHDA.kext at least it was not workin for me).

I have a Gigabyte G41M-ES2L and the sound doesn't works even installing your new kext for de ALC 888, please i need help as soon as posible!

Thanks! :thumbup:

This kext supports only ALC888 codec, your motheboard utilizes ALC888B, so use MultiBeast and rollback to 10.6.2 AppleHDA, if u don't know how to do it, plz search the forum.

Off course i know.. the problem was that doesn't work, but maybe the problem was that i had been trying many kexts before, so at the end i dont know if the problem was the actualization or the kexts in the multibeast what dont work, so i right now reinstall all the system and im gonna try with the multibeast directly but i have instaled the 10.6.3 version of mac, so i would like to know if you think that it will work or if i can update.. dont know what to do.. about the update

Thanks for your help and time!

Well i'm back and i have good news for every one who has the same problem than me, i have the solution of this problem. Everything is very easy. Firs of all i have installed the 10.6.3 O.S version, so i don't know yet if with the 10.6.5 is allredy working i'm going to adventure to that now. But for the moment the audio problem on the GIGABYTE G41M-ES2L with the Snow Leopard is solved. All what you have to do is click on the link i'm goin to left here and fallow the instructions of "burns 154" at the end of page. Isolved by that way GOOD LUCK my friends.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 34692.html

Now i'm going to copy the post you most to fallow. Anyway i put the link, because you will needed to download the programs you will need.

burns154
I am just going to say that I finally got the audio working! I did the following to enable the audio.
1. Downloaded VooDooHDA and Prefs Pane, I will post it below.
2. Downloaded KextHelper from http://cheetha.net/
3. Install VooDooHDA with KextHelper.
4. Double click the VoodooHDA prefs pane to install it. It should open up and give a few errors, that is normal just click "OK"
5. Put VooDooHDAHelper in the Utilities folder. Then add it to start up folder. /System/Library/StartupItems/
6. Remove any conflicting kexts like AppleHDA, HDAEnabler, AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, however it is alright to keep AppleFWAudio.
7. Reboot and hope that it works.
Click to view attachment

FYI VoodooHDA has always been a fallback solution that works 99% of the time when a patched AppleHDA.kext does not. It will add functionality, but sound quality compared to a patched AppleHDA is not as good (still quite good though considering), as well you may have to mess around with the settings to get everything working right for you. Plus it is a non-vanilla solution. :p

10.6.5's kext isn't working for me in 10.6.5. I'll try 10.6.4's kext in 10.6.5.

10.6.4 worked for me just fine in 10.6.4, but it required HDAEnabler for ALC888 from Multibeast in order for it to work.

I tried the 10.6.5 AppleHDA by itself in 10.6.5, didn't work. Installed ALC888 HDAEnabler from Multibeast 2.4.0, still didn't work.

All permissions fixed and extension caches rebuilt at the appropriate times with reboots.

Any ideas, folks?

AdmiralA said:
10.6.5's kext isn't working for me in 10.6.5. I'll try 10.6.4's kext in 10.6.5.

10.6.4 worked for me just fine in 10.6.4, but it required HDAEnabler for ALC888 from Multibeast in order for it to work.

I tried the 10.6.5 AppleHDA by itself in 10.6.5, didn't work. Installed ALC888 HDAEnabler from Multibeast 2.4.0, still didn't work.

All permissions fixed and extension caches rebuilt at the appropriate times with reboots.

Any ideas, folks?

When I have a sec, I will post the patched AppleHDA.kext 10.6.5 with the HDAEnabler included. It will basically be the same as my previous kext from 10.6.4. I am just working on getting my bro's X58 system 100%, so when I am on my system I will get on it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back