Contribute
Register

ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext (10.6.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New ALC888 32/64-bit 10.6.4 AppleHDA.kext!

MadJawa said:
Can't get your Kext to work. I installed it with Kext helper then used Kext utility, and after reboot, still no sound. I had to use another AppleHDA kext I found some time ago on tony's blog. But I don't understand because I have a GA-P55-UD3 with the ALC888 chipset

Which Kext did you end up using? Was it one of my older AppleHDA.kexts for 10.6.1-10.6.3?

I can't find the link. It was at the end of this blog post but it got removed apparently.
I just noticed that I don't have the latest DSDT from tony's database so I'll try that.

Nope, still not working, but at least it fixed the USB not working when waking up. I'm sticking with my AppleHDA.kext. But yours seems better :(

MadJawa said:
Nope, still not working, but at least it fixed the USB not working when waking up. I'm sticking with my AppleHDA.kext. But yours seems better :(

Could you post the AppleHDA.kext that you ate using so I can have a look at it. There have been reports from other users that my old one worked great while the latest one does not.
BTW I am posting a newer "Streamlined version" of my 1.8.7f1 AppleHDA.kext, maybe this will work for you. Oh ya, no more HDAEnabler inside the kext! No more sound insertion errors at startup as well. Booya!

I'm not sure whats going on with my audio. I have ALC888 and have installed the legacy888 from multibeast 2.0.2 and only get sound when running the 64 bit kernel. I dont know if its better to run 32 or 64 bit but I need to run 32 bit as it seems norton does not support 64 bit. Your Kext Rocks Fixed my audio issue. Thanks :headbang:

Here is the kext that works for me.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext-Realtek ALC 888.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 274

Bansaku said:
...newer "Streamlined version" of my 1.8.7f1 AppleHDA.kext...
It works like a charm on my system but i have pops at startup. No pops using LegacyHDA... It's not a big deal anyway. Thanks for your effort. :thumbup:

SillyVanity said:
MadJawa said:
Here is the kext that works for me.

Thanks :) This is the only kext (I must have tried almost 20) that would work! But I have An ALC888S

I will try to recompile the latest 1.8.7f1 AppleHDA using this apparent ALC888s kext. From what I can tell, this almost looks like the version I found that made me start putting HDAEnabler inside the plugins folder inside the kext, and to start labelling my changes; the purple label actually inspired me to start labelling all non-vanilla related kexts, plists, and whatnot. Regardless, I will have a go at it. :p

Edit: I rebooted twice, once with Digital out once with Line out and I hear no popping or cracks durning startup/reboot, nor are there any during playback.

Edit2: Ok, I know where the kext is from; originally posted last year on an Insanelymac forum, that's why it looks so familiar. I have also checked out the contents of the kext, and it is actually a recompiled AppleHDA for ALC889a (or a poorly mod'd one); the AppleHDA binary looks untouched (the values needed to be changed in the AppleHDA binary do not apply for the 889a because it is a rebranded ALC885, which is supported by default in OS X), and plist values for HardwareConfig and Platform drivers have been included are the ones from Tony's LegacyALC888.kext (or, at the very least the LegacyHDA kext share the same values). Something to note, ALC889a and ALC888 share the same pin configuration, so that's why the plists are the same. Sooo, I am not to sure how this kext works for you. HDAEnabler is great and all but seeing how the kext had been mod'd, I suspect that perhaps the ALC888s is the same as ALC889a. What I do know is NOT editing the AppleHDA binary for the ALC888 will result in no sound options.

Hello!

Could you help me? This kext doesn't work for me. I have used in 10.6.3 AppleHDA + HDAEnabler. After update I lost sound. I have MSI Neo3 FR (PCB 1.0) with ALC888. I tryed almost all new kext's for 10.6.4 and ALC888 and noone works for me.. I hope you can help me.
Thanks
Matro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back