Contribute
Register

ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext (10.6.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New ALC888 32/64-bit 10.6.4 AppleHDA.kext!

Thank you, it works properly.

But I got two assertion alert in the booting message:
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 3794 goto handler
Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 1099 goto handler

My mainboard is GA-P55-USB3L.

Bansaku said:
Just updated the new AppleHDA.kext from the 10.6.4 update. All is working as with my previous versions and it's functionality is the same as my previous builds. Install by dragging onto Kext Utility, set and repair permissions. Enjoy!

Thank you, Bansaku, works great for me! :thumbup:

Can't seem to get this to work... my sound also broke once i updated to 10.6.4

I've tried this and its not working for me... this is the only sound related kext I have in my /extra/ folder...

any suggestions?

fischer said:

I've tried this and its not working for me... this is the only sound related kext I have in my /extra/ folder...

any suggestions?

For me, doing Multi-Beast 2 times fixed it. Not sure why, but it did. Did Sys Ut, Gigabeast and Audio.

boomerx01 said:
fischer said:

any suggestions?

For me, doing Multi-Beast 2 times fixed it. Not sure why, but it did. Did Sys Ut, Gigabeast and Audio.

I dont understand what Multi-Beast is? is it a repository of kexts? or is it a full install? I'm just trying to find a compatible audio kext. :/

fischer said:

any suggestions?

The AppleHDA.kext should be installed in /System/Library/Extensions, NOT the Extras folder. Make sure there is no other audio kexts in both the extras and system extensions folder. The easiest way to install in using Kext Utility. If you do not currently have it, http://www.kexts.com/ is where you can find it.

@Kaman don't worry about the 2 failed sound insertion you get in the verbose log as it has no effect on functionality.

Bansaku said:
The easiest way to install in using Kext Utility. If you do not currently have it, http://www.kexts.com/ is where you can find it.

Or in MultiBeast under OSx86 Software. ;)

Thanks! It works.

thay said:
peanutman said:
Thanks for the fix!
Works great on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR for the 10.6.4 update.

I've got Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR the AppleHDA.kext does not work for me :(

In 10.6.3 I've got Audio working with DSDT patch
and LegacyHDA.kext in /extra/extensions

Did you change anything else than the New ALC888 32/64-bit 10.6.4 AppleHDA.kext?

####################################################
I just tried the old one 10.6.3 - Sound works with EP-45-ud3lr :headbang:
http://www.kexts.com/view/328-alc888_hd ... 0.6.3.html :headbang:
####################################################
but anyway hoe did you get the AppleHDA.kext 10.6.4 work? :think: :think: :think:

Hmm, odd. If my old one worked for you the new one should too. The only thing I can think of is perhaps you didn't trash the AppleHDA.kext for 10.6.3 before installing the new one; forgive me for assuming so if you did. By dragging the old kext to the trash it ensure that nothing is left over from the previous kext. Believe me, I have wasted unnecessary time troubleshooting months back when updating the kext from 10.6.1 to 10.6.2. I notice in particular HDAEnabler and AppleHDA like to stick around, and cause conflicts.

Can't get your Kext to work. I installed it with Kext helper then used Kext utility, and after reboot, still no sound. I had to use another AppleHDA kext I found some time ago on tony's blog. But I don't understand because I have a GA-P55-UD3 with the ALC888 chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back