Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just updated the new AppleHDA.kext from the 10.6.4 update. All is working as with my previous versions and it's functionality is the same as my previous builds. Install by dragging onto Kext Utility, set and repair permissions. Enjoy! :thumbup:
*note you may need to update your BIOS to the latest version.

Edit: Manually remove ANY audio extensions, whether it is LegacyHDA, VoodooHDA, AND any previous AppleHDA before installing. Drag them to the trash, ensuring NOTHING gets left behind.
Edit2: This is for ALC888, not ALC888a/b/c/d/s/x, though it may work for some.
Edit3: Added my new streamlined version. Same I/O as before but no longer uses HDAEnabler and reduced footprint. No more sound insertion errors at boot.

Please when posting questions please post what method you used previous for sound (ie. LegacyHDA, my previous version(s) of patched AppleHDA, or one you found elsewhere). My updated 1.8.7f1 (10.6.4) AppleHDA has worked flawlessly for most, but I have been getting reports from people who have used my previous versions with success who can not get this latest to work. I am currently investigating as to why. Remember, there is nothing wrong with rolling back to the previous AppleHDA.kext that worked for you.

Re: New ALC888 32/64-bit 10.6.4 AppleHDA.kext!

Bansaku said:
Just updated the new AppleHDA.kext from the 10.6.4 update. All is working as with my previous versions and it's functionality is the same as my previous builds. Install by dragging onto Kext Utility, set and repair permissions. Enjoy! :thumbup:

Something to note; I still cannot get LegacyHDA audio to work. I thought maybe I will try (again) after a fresh update and still I get nothing. 20 years of using ResEdit (and HexEdit) with countless successful mod'd extensions and this is the ONLY work-a-round/solution that I have yet to make work. Why?!?!?! So before anyone (again) comments on "Why don't you use LegacyHDA?" this is why I prefer to mod AppleHDA myself. It works every time, no popping or cracks, DTS/AC3 output. Everything works exactly like my iMac.

Good work man. :thumbup:

Sound broke when I updated to 10.6.4, and installing this didn't un-break it. Is there anything else that needs to be reinstalled to un-break sound? I was using the setup from multibeast before, along with a DSDT.

Using P55-UD3R that uses ALC888

EDIT: Sorry, there was a legacy kext hanging around in my /Extra/Extensions from back in the day that I didn't need anymore gumming up the works. Working great. Thanks so much.

Cant seem to get my sound back on my GA-P55m-UD2.

I drag it onto Kext Helper, then run Kext Util.

Will post any fixes here.

mikezila said:
Sound broke when I updated to 10.6.4, and installing this didn't un-break it. Is there anything else that needs to be reinstalled to un-break sound? I was using the setup from multibeast before, along with a DSDT.

Using P55-UD3R that uses ALC888

EDIT: Sorry, there was a legacy kext hanging around in my /Extra/Extensions from back in the day that I didn't need anymore gumming up the works. Working great. Thanks so much.

Which ones did you delete manually (then rebuild permiss)? Thanks.

boomerx01 said:

Your board uses the 888b, not the 888.

MacMan said:
boomerx01 said:

Your board uses the 888b, not the 888.

Is there a fix for that yet, I been searching. Thanks.

boomerx01 said:
Is there a fix for that yet, I been searching. Thanks.
Use the DSDT from the Database and the Legacy888bHDA kext in MultiBeast 2.0.0

Thanks!

Thanks for the fix!
Works great on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR for the 10.6.4 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back