Contribute
Register

[ALC255] No audio, tried Voodoo, AppleHDA Patcher and CloverHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used AppleHDA Patcher on a Dell laptop with ALC255 and it worked fine. Inject layout-id 3, patch the DSDT with IRQ fix and install CodecCommander.kext and patched AppleHDA.kext.
Well... That didn't work'ed, i'll wait for a update to get my AppleHDA fully stock or reinstall the system again... thanks for your help anyways

having the same issue even used applehda patcher 1.9 and got all the kext in s/l/e made all the necessary edits but no luck

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 62

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 69
here are the corrected logs it includes all files i used + logs

Do not install multiple audio solutions (AppleALC and dummyHDA are mutually exclusive).
Pick one and configure it correctly.
Your Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext are not compatible with each other. Install only latest versions.

Attachments

• debug_12687.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Your kextcache still shows multiple audio solutions installed (patched AppleHDA, AppleALC, and an HDAEnabler).
Also, KextsToPatch entries for AppleHDA are not to be used with AppleALC.

Your kextcache still shows multiple audio solutions installed (patched AppleHDA, AppleALC, and an HDAEnabler).
Also, KextsToPatch entries for AppleHDA are not to be used with AppleALC.
so since i patched dsdt i have to use applehda i suppose ,just tried with appplealc and device didnt got recognized, only audio device and sub device entrys appeared in dpcimanager

Attachments

• debug_7528.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
so since i patched dsdt i have to use applehda i suppose ,just tried with appplealc and device didnt got recognized, only audio device and sub device entrys appeared in dpcimanager

Patched ACPI does not mean you can't use AppleALC.
AppleALC.kext is probably the easiest solution if it supports your codec.
Remove all audio solutions, restore AppleHDA.kex to vanilla, remove all AppleHDA KextsToPatch.
Then install AppleHDA.kext, inject appropriate/supported layout-id for your audio codec.
You will likely need CodecCommander.kext and SSDT-AppleALC.aml (.dsl in CodecCommander repo).

Fixed my issue using voodoohda.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back