Contribute
Register

After Yosemite update some USB ports not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot this helped me to fix USB ports, I installed that kext via KextWizard and now I have all my ports working again!

It is incredible !
I know my mobo is an old one ( ASUS P5W DH Deluxe ). I had some problem with rear USB ports and "wake" did not working anymore.
On Maverikcs are all work good but unlucky under Yosemite. I've installed Yosemite with Multibeast taking USB 3.0 driver
(I suppose it is Generic USBXHCI.kext).

I've fixed my all problem by deleting Generic USBXHCI.kext. That's all what I did.

Try this :

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Copy Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

Thank you for the new kext!

With the kext, USB 3.0 on my board (GA-P55A-UD4) didn't work.
But with following change of BIOS setting, USB 3.0 finally works fine:
Integrated Peripherals> USB3.0 Port Hi-Speed Route [EHCI]->[XHCI]

This change hasn't necessary on Mavericks, so it takes times to find it.

I hope it helps all of you.

Attachments

• IMG_4755.jpg
    IMG_4755.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 583
It is incredible !
I know my mobo is an old one ( ASUS P5W DH Deluxe ). I had some problem with rear USB ports and "wake" did not working anymore.
On Maverikcs are all work good but unlucky under Yosemite. I've installed Yosemite with Multibeast taking USB 3.0 driver
(I suppose it is Generic USBXHCI.kext).

I've fixed my all problem by deleting Generic USBXHCI.kext. That's all what I did.

Surprised...
After booting my mackintosh this morning, I lost again my rear USB. I do not understand what's happened
but I am sure yesterday it worked.

Try this :

Run KextBeast.

Restart

this is not working for me. i only get 2 ports working for mouse and keyboard, they both fail sometimes though. at the back i only have one port working, 2 front ports alternate working - only several restarts help.

all ports work fine until i get into yosemite.

is there any other fix for this? is this a big issue? (i mean is this happening to a lot of people - is this only a z77 problem - should i upgrade to z87 or z97 to avoid this?)

Finally...
I added like this and everything is okay now (source: I found somewhere):

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

without Generic USBXHCI.kext

Try this :

Run KextBeast.

Restart

Unfortunately this did not work for me and I suspected it wouldn't from the start. I say this because the following symptoms occurred as soon as Yosemite was installed before the use of MultiBeast:

Most USB 2.0 ports not working properly
USB 2.0 ports that do not work properly seem to function but stall intermittently (work freeze up then work again)
USB 2.0 ports that do not work properly are random (a port that works might not work after reboot / a port that does not work might work after reboot)
All onboard USB 3.0 (ASMedia) ports do not work.
An installed generic USB 3.0 card does not work

After booting into Yosemite I did not install the USB 3.0 support from MultiBeast initially. I used the minimum to get started with MultiBeast (which did not include USB 3.0). Only after seeing the install had such USB related problems did I try the USB 3.0 support from MultiBeast which didn't really help. All it did was add support for the generic USB 3.0 card (becomes active some time after the boot loader).

Hardware configuration is as follows:

Intel Core i7 3930K
Asus P9X79 Deluxe (X79 chipset)
GTX670
240GB SSD
40GB DDR3
Generic USB 3.0

There are other oddities but the USB issue is one I would really like to fix,....

I tried with the Rehabman folder and KextBeast but I copied all the folder rather than only the .kext file on the desktop and it seems it didn't work. I get now frozen system randomly. How can I revert the process??

Most USB 2.0 ports not working properly
USB 2.0 ports that do not work properly seem to function but stall intermittently (work freeze up then work again)
USB 2.0 ports that do not work properly are random (a port that works might not work after reboot / a port that does not work might work after reboot)
All onboard USB 3.0 (ASMedia) ports do not work.
An installed generic USB 3.0 card does not work

I have the same problem too, its weird, I have dual-boot on my laptops and if I boot into my windows then restart it to OSX, the USB worked (only the USB 2.0). But the headphone jack not working. And if I shut down my laptop and turn it on again, then boot into OS X, the headphone works but the USB didn't ... its so weird ...

Sorry for my english btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back