Contribute
Register

After Yosemite update some USB ports not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been dealing with USB problems since installing Yosemite on my EP45T-UD3LR mobo. Basically, the ports randomly work and don't work. Some provide power but never read properly, Only two of the 8 rear USB ports read (the ones nearest to the ethernet port) and my external case USB ports also work. I've insured the 3.0 driver from multibeast is no longer installed but that made not change.

Also, My 3.0 USB Card will work with a driver from CalDigit kext but it's still pretty unstable as well, I.E. my Logitech cam freezes up the PC whenever I plug it in, data transmission feels intermittent.

I used multibeast for the install as well as a custom DSDT.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    13.9 KB · Views: 132
  • initial config.mb
    4.1 KB · Views: 113
Hello,

I solved this problem on intel series 5 based laptop, by removing npci=0x3000 from the kernel boot parameters.

for me it's not needed anymore to boot.

S.

I have the same problem here. My USB 3.0 Card ports were working fine in Mavericks, updated to Yosemite first without installing any USB drivers and the USB 3.0 ports didn't work and also didn't appear in the System Report/USB.

I tried to install the RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2014-1016 kext. Now I can see the USB 3.0 in the System Report/USB, but it only works if I boot the Yosemite with a USB connected to it!!!

Any tips to fix this problem?

I have the same problem here. My USB 3.0 Card ports were working fine in Mavericks, updated to Yosemite first without installing any USB drivers and the USB 3.0 ports didn't work and also didn't appear in the System Report/USB.

I tried to install the RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2014-1016 kext. Now I can see the USB 3.0 in the System Report/USB, but it only works if I boot the Yosemite with a USB connected to it!!!

Any tips to fix this problem?

bump

Hi.
After upgrade on Yosemite, my USB 3 (all) didn't work. Everything was fine with 10.9 (from Lion to 10.9 everything works good).
I tried many things, reading on this website, but nothing to do.
Anyone had same problem on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F12?
Thanks for your answer.

Hi!

After a complete installation (Dual boot same drive Win 8.1, Yosemite) I experienced the same issue in 2 clone machines. USB ports sometimes worked sometimes don't.

1. I tried installing the kekt RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2014-101, but unfortunately for me it wasn't work at all. I used Kekt Utility app to do it.
2. I moved to trash the kekt
3. Changed my Kernel flag "UpdateKernelCache" in the org.chameleon.plist (from Yes to No)
4. Run the Kekt utility to repair and update the system cache (after move to trash the kekt)
5. No kekts in my S/L/E to USB management (I didn't install the MB option toUSB 3.0 either).
6. I changed the BIOS setting "USB legacy support" (from Enabled to Auto). I have a GB MB.
Reboot

After these steps I have all the USB working, 4 2.0 and 2 3.0. Also LAN and network works great. I can plug USBs without any problem also external HDs.

I hope this helps :)

I hope this help.

Thank you! The new kext works for me as well. Now my USB 3.0 ports can recognize USB 2.0 devices like before. I used the following commands to install the kext:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

Then reboot.

Hi All,

I had a system that was running 10.10.3 very stable. Bought a new PCI-E USB 3.0 card and was trying to get it working and tried to follow this post. After trying the terminal script above now my system won't boot. I am getting this error on verbose booting:

"can't find system/library/kernels/v"

I connected my OS harddrive to another computer and re-ran multibeast and I'm getting the same error. Anyone know what I've don't to break my otherwise stable install:(?

Hi All,

I had a system that was running 10.10.3 very stable. Bought a new PCI-E USB 3.0 card and was trying to get it working and tried to follow this post. After trying the terminal script above now my system won't boot. I am getting this error on verbose booting:

"can't find system/library/kernels/v"

I connected my OS harddrive to another computer and re-ran multibeast and I'm getting the same error. Anyone know what I've don't to break my otherwise stable install:(?

You may have done something wrongly. For kext installation you can use the utilities like Kext Wizard,etc. If you are not comfortable with terminal commands it is better to avoid them.

If you have bootable USB, boot into OS X partition with the help of your USB.

You may have done something wrongly. For kext installation you can use the utilities like Kext Wizard,etc. If you are not comfortable with terminal commands it is better to avoid them.

If you have bootable USB, boot into OS X partition with the help of your USB.

Yes. In the future that will DEFINITELY be the plan. I just tried to use a bootable USB and am not able to get in. Assuming I eventually CAN get in, once I am in, how can I fix the install to make it bootable again?
Also, if I can't get in, is there anyway to avoid having to do a complete fresh installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back