Contribute
Register

After the installation I'm stuck with the Apple logo + spinning wheel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a guess, but I think your DSDT patch for HDEF (audio) is going to look something like:

Code:
#   Inject Audio info
into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;
into device label HDEF insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "hda-gfx",\n
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "layout-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "PinConfigurations",\n
        Buffer() { },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Assuming you want to use layout-id=1.

Oh, wow thanks. Did you just program that thing? Ill give it a try tomorrow! Do I paste that file in my system dsdt?

Oh, wow thanks. Did you just program that thing? Ill give it a try tomorrow! Do I paste that file in my system dsdt?

It is likely very similar to the one we use on the ProBook, so I just made some tweaks to it. The ProBook uses layout-id=12, but you'll probably be using layout-id=1. Since your DSDT already has Device (HDEF), all that is needed is to add the _DSM method to that device. Also, your codec is Realtek ALC892 (same as my desktop), so the patch is also similar to the patch for my desktop system, except my desktop DSDT doesn't have the HDEF device and therefore the whole HDEF device needs adding.

Apply like you do any other patch. Run MaciASL, click Patch, paste it, click Apply, click Close, Save, reboot and test.

It is likely very similar to the one we use on the ProBook, so I just made some tweaks to it. The ProBook uses layout-id=12, but you'll probably be using layout-id=1. Since your DSDT already has Device (HDEF), all that is needed is to add the _DSM method to that device. Also, your codec is Realtek ALC892 (same as my desktop), so the patch is also similar to the patch for my desktop system, except my desktop DSDT doesn't have the HDEF device and therefore the whole HDEF device needs adding.

Apply like you do any other patch. Run MaciASL, click Patch, paste it, click Apply, click Close, Save, reboot and test.

Just rebooting? Or do I need to run Multibeast and select my audio driver with dsdt as well?

Okay, I installed everything from the beginning again. BUt this time just installed one at a time and didnt install the audio driver yet. I got the same strange problem :D Everytime I restart, my desktop is messed up - but I found out, if I remove my dvi d cable and put it back on, my screen is fine again :geek:

Okay, I installed everything from the beginning again. BUt this time just installed one at a time and didnt install the audio driver yet. I got the same strange problem :D Everytime I restart, my desktop is messed up - but I found out, if I remove my dvi d cable and put it back on, my screen is fine again :geek:

Add the 1080p selection in MultiBeast.

Add the 1080p selection in MultiBeast.

Hey, thanks for the tip! :) Im just a bit worried, because my resolution is perfect at the moment, could there be any complications?

Hey, thanks for the tip! :) Im just a bit worried, because my resolution is perfect at the moment, could there be any complications?
No you should be fine. As before you have multiple login screens this will fix that.

Definitely give that a try. It can't hurt. See if it solves your problem. Otherwise, it could be some issue with permissions or kernel cache.

It is a good idea in any case to check for a clean cache rebuild:

- run Console.app, view system.log
- run Kext Wizard, choose Rebuild Cache
- while rebuild cache is running in Kext Wizard monitor system.log, look for errors from kextcache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back