Contribute
Register

After the installation I'm stuck with the Apple logo + spinning wheel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I totally missed that message. Yes I did follow the overall guide. But I didnt installuser dsdt installation, i thougt thats what we did by creating the dsdt and putting it into the extra folder. Mby that was the biggest problem after all

okay ill give it a fresh start tomorrow :p bit too tired now. Cant thank you enough for all that great help and patience! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::clap::clap::clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Okay, here we go again. I reinstalled MAC OS X ML successfully. When I reboot with -x -v I cant reach the country selection to continue my progress:

1378029_10201203480862327_2096442314_n.jpg

Tried it with -x -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No --> It works but its taking about 10 minutes to get there.
Okay next steps:

- I run MacISL and patch my dsdt with the 2 codes you posted
- Ill save the dsdt.aml on the desktop
- I run Multibeast and select UserDSDT Installation
- I also select IntelCPUManagement

Then I restart and pray :D Is that correct so far?

Okay, here we go again. I reinstalled MAC OS X ML successfully. When I reboot with -x -v I cant reach the country selection to continue my progress:

View attachment 69019

Tried it with -x -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No --> It works but its taking about 10 minutes to get there.
Okay next steps:

- I run MacISL and patch my dsdt with the 2 codes you posted
- Ill save the dsdt.aml on the desktop
- I run Multibeast and select UserDSDT Installation
- I also select IntelCPUManagement

Then I restart and pray :D Is that correct so far?

Yes, give that a try.

Also check your BIOS settings:
- VT-d disabled (if available)
- IGPU memory 64MB

Yes, give that a try.

Also check your BIOS settings:
- VT-d disabled (if available)
- IGPU memory 64MB

Okay, I have no VT-d support anyways, I set memory to 64, booted with -v command. THere seem to be a lot less errors and warnings. cpupowermanagement timed out is not shown anymore and also the problems with the kexts files are not shown either. Looks alot better, but I cant get to the desktop by just using -v.
1380140_10201203695267687_67902827_n.jpg

Okay, I have no VT-d support anyways, I set memory to 64, booted with -v command. THere seem to be a lot less errors and warnings. cpupowermanagement timed out is not shown anymore and also the problems with the kexts files are not shown either. Looks alot better, but I cant get to the desktop by just using -v.
View attachment 69027

That does look a lot better. Getting closer...

Is that with GraphicsEnabler=Yes? Do you have your monitor connected with a digital connection (eg. DVI-D, HDMI, DP, not VGA)?

That does look a lot better. Getting closer...

Is that with GraphicsEnabler=Yes? Do you have your monitor connected with a digital connection (eg. DVI-D, HDMI, DP, not VGA)?

I am using a VMA cable. I did not type GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I didnt give any command at all. Shall I try it with "Yes"

I am using a VMA cable. I did not type GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I didnt give any command at all. Shall I try it with "Yes"

Okay UPDATE :D : If I just type GraphicsEnabler=No thats enough to get to the desktop. What does that mean for me? CPU works but HD4000 doesnt yet?

Okay UPDATE :D : If I just type GraphicsEnabler=No thats enough to get to the desktop. What does that mean for me? CPU works but HD4000 doesnt yet?

Okay I just wrote, that the HD4000 doenst work with VGA and that I need DVI or HDMI. Is that true?

It means that you definitely have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and it is not working yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I just wrote, that the HD4000 doenst work with VGA and that I need DVI or HDMI. Is that true?

You need a digital connection, DVI-D, HDMI, or DP.

Are you trying to use VGA?

It means that you definitely have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and it is not working yet.

- - - Updated - - -

You need a digital connection, DVI-D, HDMI, or DP.

Are you trying to use VGA?

WOOOOHHH this looks delicious. I took my hdmi cable, connected it with hd4000 and my TV, because my monitor doenst support hdmi. I coud boot in 20 seconds and only typed -v. Nothing else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back