Contribute
Register

After the installation I'm stuck with the Apple logo + spinning wheel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOOOHHH this looks delicious. I took my hdmi cable, connected it with hd4000 and my TV, because my monitor doenst support hdmi. I coud boot in 20 seconds and only typed -v. Nothing else!

Time for a new monitor, I guess...

Time for a new monitor, I guess...
Well, or I get a DVI cable. There is a slot avaiable. OKay I installed audio and network drivers, like yesterday. But now when I get to the "DEsktop" my screen is a full mess. There is absolutely nothing to see. I now have to type GraphicsEnabler=No again :/

Well, or I get a DVI cable. There is a slot avaiable. OKay I installed audio and network drivers, like yesterday. But now when I get to the "DEsktop" my screen is a full mess. There is absolutely nothing to see. I now have to type GraphicsEnabler=No again :/

Start over. Next time install only one thing at a time.

I could also try to use my ATI Radeon HD7700 again, or is that a suicide move? :p

Start over. Next time install only one thing at a time.

really? Its hard to believe that those 2 drivers got me into that mess..

really? Its hard to believe that those 2 drivers got me into that mess..

Well, I can only go by what you tell me. You said it was working then you did those two things, then it stopped working. I can only conclude that one of those two installs is causing a problem. For audio, I don't think you've done your homework yet, so that could pose a problem. Doing audio "with DSDT" is definitely preferred, but there are DSDT edits that have to implemented.

If you want, you can undo the effects of Multibeast selections. Read the description of each item or read the documentation for Multibeast, then you can know how to reverse the effects of each option.

And, yes, you should always do things one at a time. That way you know which change is causing a problem.

Well, I can only go by what you tell me. You said it was working then you did those two things, then it stopped working. I can only conclude that one of those two installs is causing a problem. For audio, I don't think you've done your homework yet, so that could pose a problem. Doing audio "with DSDT" is definitely preferred, but there are DSDT edits that have to implemented.

If you want, you can undo the effects of Multibeast selections. Read the description of each item or read the documentation for Multibeast, then you can know how to reverse the effects of each option.

And, yes, you should always do things one at a time. That way you know which change is causing a problem.

Yep, you are totally right. I bought a new DVI cable and now everything is working very good. The only problem left is the sound :D You are such a genius, I cant believe it.
What dsdt edits do I have to implement?
Thank you so much or everything by the way. Will definitely contribute

Yep, you are totally right. I bought a new DVI cable and now everything is working very good. The only problem left is the sound :D You are such a genius, I cant believe it.
What dsdt edits do I have to implement?
Thank you so much or everything by the way. Will definitely contribute

See post #96 for the audio link. For the most part, you need a DSDT edit that will inject the layout-id as required by the patched AppleHDA for your codec. I can probably help once you determine your codec id.

See post #96 for the audio link. For the most part, you need a DSDT edit that will inject the layout-id as required by the patched AppleHDA for your codec. I can probably help once you determine your codec id.

Oh god, I dont see where to start and what to do exactly.. I guess Ill take a short break :D:D

Oh god, I dont see where to start and what to do exactly.. I guess Ill take a short break :D:D

Just a guess, but I think your DSDT patch for HDEF (audio) is going to look something like:

Code:
#   Inject Audio info
into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;
into device label HDEF insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "hda-gfx",\n
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n