Advice for CustoMac Mini Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

Need a little advice here. I'm looking for a CustoMac Mini for my music studio.
I dont find any golden build with I7, 32Go Ram and SSD HD...

The build CustoMac Mini Deluxe on the buyers guide, with i7 6700K, seems to be what I need except maybe the graphic card (just need one to manage two screens).

The Zalman CNPS8000B Low Profile Air is not available anymore in France and I'm not sure I want a watercooling solution.. any other suggestion?

Do you think it's possible to mix the CustoMac Mini Deluxe and "not Deluxe" to have the I7 6700K with 32Go ram, a good motherboard without the powerfull graphic cards, the SSD HD and a smaller tower than the Phenom..

Thank you for your advice.

btw: sorry for my bad english

Hi!

Need a little advice here. I'm looking for a CustoMac Mini for my music studio.
I dont find any golden build with I7, 32Go Ram and SSD HD...

The build CustoMac Mini Deluxe on the buyers guide, with i7 6700K, seems to be what I need except maybe the graphic card (just need one to manage two screens).

The Zalman CNPS8000B Low Profile Air is not available anymore in France and I'm not sure I want a watercooling solution.. any other suggestion?

Do you think it's possible to mix the CustoMac Mini Deluxe and "not Deluxe" to have the I7 6700K with 32Go ram, a good motherboard without the powerfull graphic cards, the SSD HD and a smaller tower than the Phenom..

Thank you for your advice.

btw: sorry for my bad english
Why don't you want a water cooling solution? They are much lower profile than air coolers and put less strain on the motherboard. Plus they are much quieter and more efficient than air coolers, so it is really a no brainer. AiO closed loops are really cheap nowadays and very simple to fit and most cases will take a small 120 radiator with no problems which for a Skylake should be more than sufficient. Even under full load my 6700k never goes above 45C with the H100i and 4 Noctua fans in push pull on their slowest (most quiet) setting - granted that is a 240mm radiator but as I said, the fans are on their slowest setting so that is an excellent cooling result.

Normal every day use, my CPU sits around 22C and I have dual monitors (4k + 1080p) with 4 desktops on the 4k and 5 desktops on the 1080p. I am running 5 browser windows (3 with 5-8 tabs open, 1 with 18 tabs open and the final one with 76 tabs open), Kodi, XCode, Blender, iTerm 2 (with 11 tabs)Mail, Skype, Messaging, Facetime, Deluge, Calendar etc. etc. so my system is a bit of a workhorse.

I would recommend you seriously reconsider your thoughts on liquid cooling if you want an efficient solution for your mini build.

Also for graphics card it depends what you want to do - the 6700k can easily manage 2x 4k displays with the built in HD530 graphics if it is for general use - however if you want to game or do any serious 3D work, you will want beefier gpu.

Thanks for your advices.
I'm ok with watercooling solution but do you think it can fit in a smaller tower than the Bitfenix Phenom?
Since I'm not a gamer I dont need a fancy Graphic cards.
The main difference between the GA-Z170N Gaming5 and Wifi is the difference of RAM capacity, correct?

Ok thanks!
and no Graphic card right?

I think i should find a golden build step by step. I'm little bit nervous to do it by myself..

Going Bald, Will that Noctua Low profile cooler work? I thought that was for CPUs with up to 65W TDP. The Intel i7-6700k is 91W.

QUOTE="Raos, post: 1367277, member: 1726021"]The main difference between the GA-Z170N Gaming5 and Wifi is the difference of RAM capacity, correct?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. RAM capacity is the same 32GB. One difference that I know for sure is that the Gaming 5 has a USB 3.1 Type A Gen2 and Type C on it. The WIFI board only has Type C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back