1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Fully working Laptop with Mavericks 10.9.3

Before installing Adobe Flash player
Physical Memory : 4,00GB
Memory Used : 1.7 at max 2.4 GB used ( on youtube music 360p , forums ..etc. simple stuff )

After installing Adobe Flash player
Memory Used : 3.0 at max 3.56 GB ( on youtube music at 360p , and here forum )

Im talking in Virtual Memory size!
What this flash player does nobody knows.
I can explain it. Maybe someone here are a lite bit expert in this flash thing.

Im looking in the future to un remove it , using HTML5.

What you are using in your sistem , do you feel the difference with and without flash?

My difference are : well i have super silent coolers. so i can hear this bit difference.
My system runs a bit faster, flash keep working going on.
Video graphics cooler comes alive when flash kick in.

Your opinion matters for me, so you can write anything i will be pleased to read your side effect of flash.

thanks, have a good one.

Fully working Laptop with Mavericks 10.9.3

Before installing Adobe Flash player
Memory Used : 1.7 at max 2.4 GB used ( on youtube music 360p , forums ..etc. simple stuff )

After installing Adobe Flash player
Memory Used : 3.0 at max 3.56 GB ( on youtube music at 360p , and here forum )

Im talking in Virtual Memory size!
What this flash player does nobody knows.
I can explain it. Maybe someone here are a lite bit expert in this flash thing.

Im looking in the future to un remove it , using HTML5.

What you are using in your sistem , do you feel the difference with and without flash?

My difference are : well i have super silent coolers. so i can hear this bit difference.
My system runs a bit faster, flash keep working going on.
Video graphics cooler comes alive when flash kick in.

Your opinion matters for me, so you can write anything i will be pleased to read your side effect of flash.

thanks, have a good one.

FWIW,

Ive noticed Flash using a large amount of memory sometimes too, even for small simple web pages containing flash, and small video clips. I use mine with Firefox; it can be a terrible combination. Every so often a new build of firefox comes out that will ease the situation, or a new build of flash player. Then another new firefox and its back to the start again, and on it goes in a continual cycle....

I cant say for other browsers, but with firefox its an up and down journey. A powerful GPU helps to stop the system slowing down of course.

FWIW,

Ive noticed Flash using a large amount of memory sometimes too, even for small simple web pages containing flash, and small video clips. I use mine with Firefox; it can be a terrible combination. Every so often a new build of firefox comes out that will ease the situation, or a new build of flash player. Then another new firefox and its back to the start again, and on it goes in a continual cycle....

I cant say for other browsers, but with firefox its an up and down journey. A powerful GPU helps to stop the system slowing down of course.

Im going to try Firefox to see how is working.
Leave safari .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back