Contribute
Register

Adobe Creative Cloud Updates killing internet connection and ability to boot up again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K 3.90 GHz
Graphics
NIVIDA GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OSX Version: High Sierra 10.13.2
Clover Version: 4380
NVIDA Version: 378.10.10.10.25.104
Clover Version: 387.128

Hey everyone, I'm posting just as a heads up and to see if anyone has had this issue as well.

Basically upon updating one of the major apps through the adobe creative cloud app, the ability to access internet through the creative suite app or through Safari is cut off. However, I can still access websites and the like through Chrome (have not tested other browsers) While trying to update through the creative suite app after this point I get the error code 201 (lack of internet connection)

My computer will work fine after this happens without any major ill effects. However, if I turn off the computer and then try to restart I go into an infinite boot loop where after getting to the apple logo I will then be kicked out to the bios boot screen. Applying the boot flags to boot into safe mode, disable NVIDA, and verbose have no effect in getting past this loop.

Luckily I have backups of everything and am able to boot in the backup and restore from it to my main hard drive thereby restoring my computer to working condition.

I've repeated this twice now and the same issue happens each time. The first time when updating to the latest photoshop version, and the second when updating to the latest version of media encoder but after updating the camera raw software.

This was very odd to me and I haven't seen anyone else on the adobe forums or on tonymac with similar experience.

I'm fine with not updating but would like to if possible and I think that this is something that shouldn't be happening regardless. Let me know if you have any ideas!

No problems here with PS and LR CC. Updates work and don't negatively impact my hack. But I'm using AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back