i3 8100
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.

I've succeeded on installing High Sierra in my build. Pretty much everything works, including USB 3.0, 3.1, ALL iCloud services and Bluetooth. However, as my system boots from a PCIe SSD, I have an additional HDD I use to store data, like pictures, videos, music, and more importantly, Logic Pro X plugins. Recently, this additional HDD will no longer show up in Finder, I can see it in Disk Utility, but it just can't be mounted; no error message, no error audio output, nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be? it would be great to have my plugins back.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 14.02.09.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 14.02.09.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 14.02.36.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 14.02.36.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
Still no updates, sadly

Still no updates, sadly

Well, as the text advises in screengrab two, copy what you can to safety. To go further you risk losing data otherwise.

When this happens to a disk you can sometimes go beyond Disk Utility's 'First Aid' and recover the file-system using advanced disk recovery software. It's nerve-wracking though and not all apps are created the same. Some work, some don't. The only one that has ever worked for me is TestDisk and this is console-only and very tricky to get to grips with. Drive Genius didn't work for me, nor did Mac Data Recovery Guru. Nor Tech Tool Pro. Nor ... Nor ... etc. I've spent a lot so you don't have to.

Do you perhaps dual-boot with Windows, or have cross-platform file system utilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back