Contribute
Register

Adding 8560w to Install Guide and Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copy the files to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, then post your new ioreg file. Make sure you are using files from PBI CE.

Thanks for generating that file! Put the SSDT-1.aml into the PBI CE generated patched folder and left the set NVCAP value within config.plist. Boot was possible, but the login screen was again black, so i could not login. When pressing a key, there was sound (like some posts before). Because the screen could possible just set to brightness = 0, i tried to press some keys (F10 alone + some combinations other FN / CMD / ...) but that did not brighten the screen. So: posting of the ioreg file was not possible.

Attached are the clover boot logs in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/ from that boot, extracted with Ubuntu Live. Maybe there is something interesting in there. If something else is needed, just let me know.

Attachments

• boot.log
    19.9 KB · Views: 145
  • system.log
    184.5 KB · Views: 150
Thanks for generating that file! Put the SSDT-1.aml into the PBI CE generated patched folder and left the set NVCAP value within config.plist. Boot was possible, but the login screen was again black, so i could not login. When pressing a key, there was sound (like some posts before). Because the screen could possible just set to brightness = 0, i tried to press some keys (F10 alone + some combinations other FN / CMD / ...) but that did not brighten the screen. So: posting of the ioreg file was not possible.

Attached are the clover boot logs in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/ from that boot, extracted with Ubuntu Live. Maybe there is something interesting in there. If something else is needed, just let me know.

You might be able to collect ioreg from another machine via remote desktop (aka. screen sharing).

You might be able to collect ioreg from another machine via remote desktop (aka. screen sharing).

That was a nifty idea :thumbup:
Voilà, here is the ioreg made with the SSDT-1.aml given some posts before.

Attachments

• ioreg_with_SSDT-1.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 170
Just a further update:

• Sleep: It is working right now. Tried it 5x today, no panic, no reboot. I don't know what the change was. Maybe there was some weird condition the first time. If this is reproducible later one, I'll post it here
  • Touchpad: pinch/zoom and three-finger gesture won't work. E.g. two-finger scrolling (up/down) within Safari works, but the back gesture (two-finger from left to right) does not. This is not implemented in VoodooPS2Trackpad. Workaround: Configure in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts (#5, #2)

I'll update the first post of this thread with a current works/broken list and the PBI CE installation method.

Last edited:
Can I offer some help? What can I extract something from that copied ioreg that could help for further steps? I found [Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control, but that seems to be valid for Intel HD graphics and not for a Laptop with no Intel graphics but Nvidia.

This is between you and @nguyenmac...

I don't have your hardware (laptop with discrete graphics) and no plans to purchase any...

That was a nifty idea :thumbup:
Voilà, here is the ioreg made with the SSDT-1.aml given some posts before.

Looks like the patches I added removed the LVDS connector already.

Please post ioreg with PBI CE's DSDT files (working internal display).

Please post ioreg with PBI CE's DSDT files (working internal display).

Here it is, just with vanilla PBI CE 6.2.17 and working screen. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• ioreg_just_PBI_6217.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 141
Here it is, just with vanilla PBI CE 6.2.17 and working screen. Thanks a lot!

Do you have solved the problem of wi-fi? I've tried ar9380 not smart 43224 HMs 562564- 001. 9380 no signal

Do you have solved the problem of wi-fi? I've tried ar9380 not smart 43224 HSM failed in 001. 9380 no signal

No, haven't tried it yet. Thinking about trying a Broadcom 43224AGN with part number 582564-002 (not -001, that is reported not to work). There is still a high risk with that card.

A working solution is mentioned here by shpokas01: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/115110-rebranding-atheros-928x-cards-guide-18.html#post993130

Currently I'm working with ethernet, so it is no top priority for me. If I have working wifi, it will be reported here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back