Contribute
Register

Adding 8560w to Install Guide and Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, haven't tried it yet. Thinking about trying a Broadcom 43224AGN with part number 582564-002 (not -001, that is reported not to work). There is still a high risk with that card.

A working solution is mentioned here by shpokas01: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/115110-rebranding-atheros-928x-cards-guide-18.html#post993130

Currently I'm working with ethernet, so it is no top priority for me. If I have working wifi, it will be reported here :)

I searched in shenzhen huaqiang north are found no bcm43224/582564-002 are all 002 this model or not?All is bcm43224/582564/001

According to post #15 8560w has only three cards whitelisted, while the 8460p has five cards (one is that 582564-002). In #25 a BIOS decompilation (F60A, for 8560w) has been made. A BCM43224 is mentioned there that could work. Still a high risk.

If you really want to go for a working solution, look for the Atheros HB112AGN (=AR9380) with part number 630435-001 and the link in the last post. Ven/DevID and subsystem have to fit!

According to post #15 8560w has only three cards whitelisted, while the 8460p has five cards (one is that 582564-002). In #25 a BIOS decompilation (F60A, for 8560w) has been made. A BCM43224 is mentioned there that could work. Still a high risk.

If you really want to go for a working solution, look for the Atheros HB112AGN (=AR9380) with part number 630435-001 and the link in the last post. Ven/DevID and subsystem have to fit!

Well, thank you, I now is driven with( RTL8192 chip) usb wifi wireless network card.
But there is a problem, to the right (usb3.0?) Boot wouldn't start, on the left side is no problem

Well, thank you, I now is driven with( RTL8192 chip) usb wifi wireless network card.
But there is a problem, to the right (usb3.0?) Boot wouldn't start, on the left side is no problem

With that I can't help you with. My advise: Use the left side ;)

I'm in the same situation wih my 8560w. I can't find those cards from post 25 on eBay, nor the card you mention.
It also says something about "rebranding a AR9280/AR9285". What is meant exactly by this?
Can I just get any card using this chipset, then hack the dev id and use it?

Please let me know the cheapest/most reliable option for this to work!
Preferably both in Windows and OS X!

I could use some help with fixing the following things:

- Touchpad doesn't work 100% with the driver I have, no pinch to zoom or 3+ finger gestures
- I think CPU and Graphics power management doesn't work
- SDHC reader needs a driver
- USB 3.0 seems a bit hit and miss to connect, but once connected it works well

Sorry if there are already obvious solutions for this I may have missed.
Any help is appreciated.

- Touchpad doesn't work 100% with the driver I have, no pinch to zoom or 3+ finger gestures
- I think CPU and power management doesn't work

Any help is appreciated.
Touchpad works with 3gesture. It's mentioned in the sticky guide.
Cpu pm will work. Test it before "think".
SD card reader is supposed to work after disabling Firewire in bios.

- I think CPU and Graphics power management doesn't work

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Thanks for your answer.
I have to use nullcpupower kext or else system doesn't boot.
How can I fix this?
Also, is graphics power management possible for the M5950 / 6770m?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back