Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
edit history

20150428 - Audio working
20150517 - new installation method using PBE CE >= 6.2.17, current works/broken list, todo list
20150519 - added current status of multi finger gestures

Hi all,

I would like to support the addition of the HP Elitebook 8560w as an entry for the PBI Clover and Yosemite Install Guide. Currently, I am writing this post using 10.10.3 on it, so it seems to be possible :)

Here the recipe to get to this point. Please read it once before doing any steps:

• Follow the fantastic Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI by nguyenmac
  • Extra step for 1): instead choosing a config.plist from the config.zip (8560w does not have Intel HD Graphics, was hanging during installation), use the config.plist-8560w-installusb.plist from this post: #1264. Rename to config.plist and copy it as mentioned in the guide
  • I followed 2a). Alternative 2b) was not successful for me
  • I BIOS settings 3), there is no Video Memory Size or Switchable Graphics card entry. Don’t waste time searching for it :)
  • For installing from USB, I used the port on the left side (USB 2.0, on right side is USB 3.0)
  • When inside the Yosemite Installer, do not enter AppleID there (later possible) and do not let auto configure timezone (do manually). That screen was hanging if done otherwise
  • from the guide, phase 2 has been ended so we are on step 10) now. Don’t forget to press F4 when booting first time from HDD!
  • for step 13), install PBI CE ( version >= 6.2.17 added 8560w) using this configuration:

Clover UEFI
    OS X support kexts: Business model - 6x60b/8x60 AMD/nVidia
    Config and DSDT patcher: Business model - 8x60w nVidia
    Fan behavior: reading only
    Display type: High-resolution screen
    SSDT generator
    Misc OS X fixes: nothing selected
    Extra tools: only Troubleshooting selected

Then do a restart. If then the sound is not working, use Kext Wizard - Rebuild caches and reboot. My glitch was: sound icon visible, but within SysPrefs - Audio - Output only Apple TV was mentioned.

Working / Broken

Feature Status Description
Trigger Sleep closing lid broken Closing the lid does not trigger sleep mode (at least screen is turned off when closed and turned on when reopen)
VGA broken SysPrefs->Displays does not show that display, and on the display it also does not show anything
brightness broken does not work (F9 / F10), also no brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays
Maybe because no Intel HD graphics, only Nvidia?
touchpad pinch/zoom works touchpad itself is working, also two-finger scrolling (up/down) within Safari. But back gesture (two-finger from left to right) in turn does not work.
pinch/zoom gesture and three finger gestures don’t work. This is not implemented in VoodooPS2Trackpad. Workaround: Configure in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts (#5, #2)
Displayport ? currently have no cable, trying to organise one
Graphics works Nvidia just out of the box, with QE/CI, and FullHD. Remember, no Intel HD, so no switching needed here
Audio works May need "Kext Wizard - Rebuild caches" and reboot after installation of PBI CE.
Ethernet works
App Store works Updating Yosemite (did it from 10.10.2 to 10.10.3 without flaws)
SD Card Reader works
USB 2.0/3.0 works both works, USB 3.0 gives with my simple drive: 70MB read, 60MB write
Powermanagement works seems to work, Intel Power Gadget shows different lines between idle and high usage. Frequency goes down to 0,8GHz
in ioreg: PM, AppleLPC loaded, no NullCPU
Microphone intern/Line-In works both works (see on System Preferences -> Sound for switching between them)
Makes dication a breeze!
Headphone works
volume keys works F6/F7 just without fn key
Webcam works
Sleep works System goes to sleep by Apple->Sleep after 15secs. When waking the desktop screen is visible and working is directly possible.

Further Todos

• enhance a config.plist from the config.zip, so it contains the minimum changes needed to run the Yosemite Installer. The given ones rely all on an Intel HD Graphic (and/or AMD), but the 8560w (at least my model) does not have any.
  • List WIFI cards for 8560w explicitly in Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI
  • fixing the broken things :D
  • Optional: Try Wifi Card with part number 582564-002 (Broadcom 43224AGN), as it "could" work now within 8560w and Bios F60A according to BIOS disassemble in post #24. Card with part number 582564-001 is reported not to work. Does anybody have to combination at home and is willing to test? ;)

Thanks for nguyenmac, RehabMan, jalembic, shpokas01, Xeon3D making this possible!

SPECS

• HP Elitebook 8560w (XX058AV)
  • Bios F.50
  • Chipset: QM67
  • CPU: Intel 2820qm
  • Graphics: Nvidia Quadro 2000m (Chip: GF106), no Intel graphics! Really: no HD3000 (see lspci output below)
  • Audio: IDT 92HD81B1X5 (IDT 7605) and Nvidia GPU 11 HDMI/DP (detailed codec dump below)
  • Wifi: currently Intel and therefore not working. Whitelist (confirms post #2817)
    Model Features spare part number
    Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 802.11 3x3 a/g/n 572511-001
    Intel Centrino Advanced N 6205 2x2 a/b/g/n 631954-001
    Atheros WiFI Adapter
    = Atheros HB112AGN
    802.11 3x3 a/g/n 630435-001

If i have time, i follow that post for editing PCI ID of Atheros: #175.

@nguyenmac: Post #1267 by RehabMan would be definitely a help, I was mislead exactly in that way. Could you add that information into your guide, please?

The HP 8560w maintenance guide may also give further information.

Files
Getting these files:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html
http://sadevil.org/blog/2012/01/01/fixing-the-acpi-dsdt-of-an-acer-ferrari-one-200/
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295001-guide-to-patch-applehda-for-your-codec/

Attachments

• CodecDump.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 456
  • dmidecode.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 424
  • lshw.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 471
  • lspci.zip
    790 bytes · Views: 416
  • DSDT.zip
    289.3 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:
Copy IDT kext patches from config.plist.bak to your new config.plist to get sound.

Thanks for your reply! That parts seems to be included (from file /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist)

Code:
    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>IDT 7605</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                ixnUEQ==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleHDA</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                BXYdEQ==
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>IDT 7605</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                hBnUEQ==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleHDA</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
    </dict>

boot.log contains this lines (reduced to HDA lines only):

Code:
0:156  0:000  KextToPatch 5: AppleHDA (IDT 7605) Kext bin patch, data len: 4
0:156  0:000  KextToPatch 10: AppleHDA (IDT 7605) Kext bin patch, data len: 4
126:262  0:000        KextPatch[5]: 4 bytes, AppleHDA
126:262  0:000        KextPatch[10]: 4 bytes, AppleHDA
126:517  0:000  HDA Controller [8086:1C20] :: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1B,0x0) => codec not detected

I already used the Kext Wizard to repair rights and rebuild caches. Still no sound, the boot.log did not change in that lines.

Attachments

• boot.log
    19.8 KB · Views: 505
  • config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 610
... the boot.log did not change in that lines.

Your boot.log shows no patched DSDT being loaded. It is required for audio to work as it injects layout-id and fixes IRQs.

You're right - within the folder /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ was no DSDT.aml

Your DSDT patching guide was guiding here. I took the original ACPI, opened it in MaciASL, compiled it and fixed the compile errors. Then I applied your patches ("Audio Layout 12" and "IRQ Fix") and copied it to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml

After reboot the pane Preferences/Sound showed some options! But it gave me only Apple TV which was quite weird. After rebuilding caches using Kext Wizard and rebooting there is FINALLY SOUND! Thanks a lot for that! Your posts over different threads have been helping a lot.

Now boot.log shows the following line:

Code:
2:580  0:009  DSDT found in Clover volume OEM folder: EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched\DSDT.aml

The other lines in the previous post did not change. But hey, it's working :thumbup:

Next thing will be the battery status. The icon is there, but it does not recognize the battery.

Requires DSDT patches. Patching DSDT is described in the wiki: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

There may be some support in PBI-CE for your laptop (eg. DSDT patching), but I'm not certain of the extent... Check with nguyenmac.

Can you do this?
- Press F4 at Clover screen twice.
- Backup your EFI folder.
- Run PBI CE and select Config and DSDT Patcher for 8x60p AMD, install will fail as you said.
- Send me /EFI/Clover folder in EFI partition and /var/log/install.log in OS X partition.
- Restore your current EFI folder.

Of course, as promised :)

I selected Config and DSDT Patcher for 8x60w AMD, not 8x60p. I hope, that was correct. If not, I will redo it again. PBI CE Version was 6.2.15.6

This time the installation was successful. I guess, another option was giving that error. Or maybe the missing DSDT.aml from some post above.

Attachments

• install.log.zip
    96.1 KB · Views: 317
  • CLOVER.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 605
Of course, as promised :)

I selected Config and DSDT Patcher for 8x60w AMD, not 8x60p. I hope, that was correct. If not, I will redo it again. PBI CE Version was 6.2.15.6

This time the installation was successful. I guess, another option was giving that error. Or maybe the missing DSDT.aml from some post above.

If it's sucessful, can you boot from that new Clover folder?

If not you should try changing this into the generated config.plist by PBI CE:
- LoadVBIOS=true
- Inject AMD = false
- Inject nVidia=true/false
- DropOEM SSDT=false.

And remember copy your working EFI folder to usb in case the new EFI folder does not work.

I'll do the check in the evening.

And remember copy your working EFI folder to usb in case the new EFI folder does not work.

Yep, I tested a fallback already :) Starting the OSX Installer from USB and starting the terminal there does provide a way back. Is it possible to use Clover terminal for this? Or is there another faster way for getting back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back